JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a used Ruger Hawkeye with heavy barrel in .223 a few months ago and even though it is 1:12 it shoots the light varmint bullets to sub MOA. Now the bad part which probably comes with buying a used firearm. The trigger pull is Think about it and it will fire. I'm sure the previous owner dicked with the trigger and didn't have a clue. A couple of weeks ago I laid on the shooting bench and it discharged. Luckily I always have all firearms aiming down range. I chalked it up to "Maybe I touched the trigger." Then while cleaning it today after putting the bolt back in and closing it, I raised the bolt about 1/2" and sure enough CLICK! I tried it several times and each time it fired without pulling the trigger. Next will be a Timney or equal. First I will have it looked at just in case but I think the previous owner did something bad and dangerous and then sold it or traded it.

Call Ruger.
I am sure they will fix it for free and they will also pay the shipping.
I sent guns to them for work more than once and have always been very satisfied with the outcome.
I once bought a used Mini 14 that turned out to be a piece of junk because of the previous owners gunsmithing which he failed to mention when he sold it to me.
I called Ruger and told them I bought it used and they had me ship it to them.
When they received it they said they would not fix it.
Two weeks later I got a brand new gun in the mail.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top