JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering picking up a Ruger LCP II to use as a backup firearm. I am looking for opinions on it from people who have actually fired it. I had a Sig Sauer P365 and I did not like it. I am concerned that I may end up feeling the same way about the LCP II. I know that a .380 will not kick like a 9mm does in a sub compact pistol. If anyone has fired an LCP II, please chime in and give me your impressions of the firearm. Thanks in advance.

I have one that I use at times during the summer months, when I can't or don't want to carry my P365. For what it is, I love my LCP II, but if you don't care for the P365 you probably won't like it either. It's still a lightweight pocket pistol and it's not fun to shoot. The LCP II's trigger is a night and day improvement over the standard LCP and the sites are actually usable compared to my first pocket pistol endeavor, the Kel-Tec P3AT.

I loved my P365, I just couldn't get over the early firing pin failures to feel confident enough to EDC it so I ended up with my G26. To me, the P365 is the perfect balance of size and capacity...maybe I need to revisit it.

To me, the P365 is the perfect balance of size and capacity...maybe I need to revisit it.

That's exactly how I feel. I have a newer 2019 production and I've not had a single issue with it. The firing pin does still drag though, if that's a concern.

Yous Guys are woosies! I never likes the LCP until they fixed the trigger, then it was usable, but still I wouldn't carry it! if I carry a sub compact, it's likely the PPK, and that is getting more rare as I get older! I usually carry a CZ-82 and that's as small as I dare go! I find the practical limits of a compact tends to make them too hard to shoot well, and that even .380 or .32 tends to be too snappy in such a small package!

I shoot the LCP a couple times / year. Crappy trigger but I'm not planning to play run & gun. It rides in the console. Purely a last-ditch car gun. Husband won't let my first .380 out of the safe. Gov't model Colt from 1985. It was a first issue. Sweet shooter. I qualified with it as a back-up numerous times back in the day. Mostly pack the Kimber in the picture on the left.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top