JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering picking up a Ruger LCP II to use as a backup firearm. I am looking for opinions on it from people who have actually fired it. I had a Sig Sauer P365 and I did not like it. I am concerned that I may end up feeling the same way about the LCP II. I know that a .380 will not kick like a 9mm does in a sub compact pistol. If anyone has fired an LCP II, please chime in and give me your impressions of the firearm. Thanks in advance.

I have one that I use at times during the summer months, when I can't or don't want to carry my P365. For what it is, I love my LCP II, but if you don't care for the P365 you probably won't like it either. It's still a lightweight pocket pistol and it's not fun to shoot. The LCP II's trigger is a night and day improvement over the standard LCP and the sites are actually usable compared to my first pocket pistol endeavor, the Kel-Tec P3AT.

I loved my P365, I just couldn't get over the early firing pin failures to feel confident enough to EDC it so I ended up with my G26. To me, the P365 is the perfect balance of size and capacity...maybe I need to revisit it.

To me, the P365 is the perfect balance of size and capacity...maybe I need to revisit it.

That's exactly how I feel. I have a newer 2019 production and I've not had a single issue with it. The firing pin does still drag though, if that's a concern.

Yous Guys are woosies! I never likes the LCP until they fixed the trigger, then it was usable, but still I wouldn't carry it! if I carry a sub compact, it's likely the PPK, and that is getting more rare as I get older! I usually carry a CZ-82 and that's as small as I dare go! I find the practical limits of a compact tends to make them too hard to shoot well, and that even .380 or .32 tends to be too snappy in such a small package!

I shoot the LCP a couple times / year. Crappy trigger but I'm not planning to play run & gun. It rides in the console. Purely a last-ditch car gun. Husband won't let my first .380 out of the safe. Gov't model Colt from 1985. It was a first issue. Sweet shooter. I qualified with it as a back-up numerous times back in the day. Mostly pack the Kimber in the picture on the left.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top