JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a question regarding an LC9s-pro I just purchased. I was hoping someone here could help answer.

The manual warns that leaving the chamber loaded could be hazardous if the gun is dropped because the gun could fire.

I thought all modern guns were design to NOT fire if dropped. I purchased this as a possible carry gun.

It appears to have a striker block safety. Is the manual just CYA for Ruger? Could they really be serious about marketing the LC9 as a carry gun and then say "don't carry it with a loaded chamber"???

Thanks

The question was: does the lc9s have a trigger block... the answer is, yes. It will not fire if dropped. It "might fire" if dropped in a tangle of vines which caught the trigger, or if you grab and try to catch it when you drop it. Yes, it is CYA by the Ruger lawyers who understand the "sue everybody in sight" mindset in America.

Thanks. That was my take. It should only fire if the trigger is pulled. But, also, will fire if the trigger is pulled.

I purposely purchase guns that work that way. No thumb safety or magazine disconnect.

LOL. Yea, me too. Haven't shot it yet. Came across a sale for $300 and the reviews looked good, so I picked it up. But, I had wrist surgery recently and haven't been up to shooting it yet.

Could they have started the serial numbers at 100,000? If they don't know how many, what else don't they know? But that seems a bit curious that they don't know that kind of information

One person said they have one in the 6,000 range so i don't think that's the case, but i did find out that they were only obtained at the friends of the NRA functions. Maybe they are random S/Ns.

good shooting guns and since watching the guy with the glock bend over and remove his family jewels i will not carry a gun without a manual safety.both the lc9s and ec9s have them the lc9s pro well thats for the physically challenged who cant flip the safety on the draw.the millisecond it takes is worth more then there jewels.go figure

good shooting guns and since watching the guy with the glock bend over and remove his family jewels i will not carry a gun without a manual safety.both the lc9s and ec9s have them the lc9s pro well thats for the physically challenged who cant flip the safety on the draw.the millisecond it takes is worth more then there jewels.go figure

LC9s Pro is for professionals. Hence the PRO moniker......
The safeties on the EC9s and Lc9s are for the challenged individuals who have no trigger finger control.

Last Edited:

New Resource Reviews

Back Top