JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Many moons ago I picked up a Ruger American Predator in stainless from a local chain store.

I had been reading good things about the accuracy out of the box with these rifles so I decided to give it a go. top that with the other praises I have for the armed American series rifles in rimfire and center fire; it was a no brainer.

The goal: sub $1000 rifle to shoot sub MOA at 1000y.

The Rifle: $530
Ruger American Predator 6.5 Creedmoor Bolt Action Rifle with Stainless Barrel

I topped it with a Vortex Diamondback 4-16 FFP scope: $350
Vortex Optics - Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 FFP EBR-2C (MOA) Tactical

I set it up with Warne rings and called it a day! I did though end up putting a brake on it from SlezeBay and it works rather well for $12.

It has been a slow process to get a lid dialed in and today I think I managed to do just that.

Running 147gr ELD-M's and H4350 powder I managed to pattern these groups at 100.

While not the greatest for this caliber, it gives me a good platform to start tweaking my development and shows where to dial in and put my focus.

I have been eyeballing the Magpul stock but this one is floating enough already and I'm not sure I want the extra additional weight.

Looking good! How much additional weight would the Magpul stock add? For me it's almost a necessity for the adjustable cheek weld and length of pull.

Looking good! How much additional weight would the Magpul stock add? For me it's almost a necessity for the adjustable cheek weld and length of pull.

Quite a bit. The Magpul stock on my Rem700 SPS added a bunch but that's a super heavy rifle to start with.

If I continue with this rifle, the Magpul stock may be a must considering it's not really a hunting rifle in my eyes (I don't hunt).

BTW: their stock is 3.3lbs.
Add that to the 6.6# from a factory rifle.....

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top