JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Medium voltage is not something to mess around with. It is extremely unforgiving about the rules. What gave me the confidence to get close to MV was the way the manufactures made their gear. Almost bullet proof, The glass on this switch cracked but held. Simple matter of ordering a new glass and install it in the housing. S&C wanted a report on why the event. I never filled out the paper work. The business was very shy about having their name used anywhere

I would think you be able to find a case if a round touched off or at least the bullet. Since it was't in a chamber the pressure spike should be low and everything should be relatively intact. Maybe I misread it but was there a hole in the drawer from anything exiting? I agree with the other poster it likely wasn't a round but something else laying around. I'm sure it was startling non-the less.

I think you need to back track the conversation to see what was found, both the bullet and case were found. Photos were included.
Gabby

A reference to WD-40 was made in this discussion. WD-40 is not oil; it's a water-dispersant. I think it's made with pine sap, but I'm too lazy to look it up. Per the major thrust of this thread, the composition of WD-40 is about as important as are reparations to living Black Americans who were never slaves and who today live in States that were never slave States...

I still have the pic

I have it in my computer as a screen saver, to remind me of thing that go bump in the night.

.45acp.jpg

This happened a couple of years ago. I have a plastic pull out drawer for my computer area. I keep odds and ends in the drawer and one day this round cooked off all by itself. More of a pop than a confined round in a chamber. I looked around in the drawer found the lead and looked at the case. I do not load my .45's heavy. When I was learning the reloading trade I had a good friend who shot .45's competitively for years. He told me forget trying to make it go fast and forget the any of the Plus P rounds for my equipment. So I settled on a 185 gr jacketed hollow point. It cycles in the equipment perfectly and the slides do not slam hard against the stops like the Plus P ammo does. My old Remington .45 would not handle the PP ammo anyway.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top