JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in Sportsman's Warehouse a few days ago and saw oodles and oodles of defensive handgun ammo. Granted, it was going for $1 per round but that's a small inconvenience when you're pumping one or two into some unknown thug in your living room at 0230. "This one's for my wife. This one's for my baby daughter..."

I am still trying to get rid of the two AKs I have now... let alone keeping them and trying to find ammo...
I'd never sell a gun, especially in these troubled times. It's far easier to store a gun than to try and acquire one once ammo becomes more available. I last sold some guns in 1985 to buy lenses for my 35mm camera system. The ultra-sweaty humidity of Northern Virginia mildewed the interior surfaces of the lenses, and 35mm film is no longer available. I have somewhere around $3000 of Nikon and Vivitar photo equipment that sets unused and has for many years. If that equipment was an AR or an AK, it would be as useful today as it was in 1985. Keep your AK-type rifles. You never know what the future will bring.

Old Soviet joke: Why do Russians pour oil into their flower beds? Because that's where the guns are buried...

I'd never sell a gun, especially in these troubled times. It's far easier to store a gun than to try and acquire one once ammo becomes more available. I last sold some guns in 1985 to buy lenses for my 35mm camera system. The ultra-sweaty humidity of Northern Virginia mildewed the interior surfaces of the lenses, and 35mm film is no longer available. I have somewhere around $3000 of Nikon and Vivitar photo equipment that sets unused and has for many years. If that equipment was an AR or an AK, it would be as useful today as it was in 1985. Keep your AK-type rifles. You never know what the future will bring.

Old Soviet joke: Why do Russians pour oil into their flower beds? Because that's where the guns are buried...
True as well, at least according to my ex-Ukrainian wife... lol

It is certainly hard to sell any gun stuff here....

There are other former east bloc countries with large stocks of AK ammo and stuff. It appears that a lot of the stuff that came in 20 yrs ago was from Ukraine and Belarus. Still, it will probably be tight for some time to come, even with 5.56...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top