JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those of you that don't know. I'm in the armored car business and had my refresher course today. This is more of a range report lol. We did several drills while shooting and moving. Some strong hand and off hand shooting. Side to side strafes and some draw point and shoot from the chest. We had a 30 shot warm up period and 2 60 round qualifying segments. Got 59 hits out of 60 the first time and 60 out of 60 the second. We started at 25 yards and moved into about 5 yards almost arms reach. Here is my 60 out of 60 silhouette. It was all timed and very fast paced.

20180715_163221.jpg

Horrors, :eek: you work where work has you engaged in fun training activities? :rolleyes:

OMGoodness how did you find such an exemplary position, all my training is geared towards mundane stuff like figuring out how to increase the company's ROI!:(

[sidebar, not bad shooting either:D]

I did better then I thought. We talked about the physiological effects of being shot or shooting someone. How to deal with police general bubblegum talking on eachother. Ammo was free and got 8 hours of pay to pop some rounds off in a formal setting. The one I missed grazed the left side of the head. I tossed that one out i wasn't sure if they would let me keep it because it was my company funding everything

Last Edited:

This is the closest thing to the class I can find. The class in the video didn't cover shooting from retention and strong and off hand shooting we also did double tap center mass and headshot at close range. My instructor didn't yell FIGHT! like some street fighter game. I don't think anyone would take him seriously if he did.

Last Edited:
Oh my, the range's ceiling in the video seems a bit worse for wear which should concern future patrons on previous patron's shooting capabilities.

Still way better training activity than sitting around listening to Sr mgmt types whine they aren't making enough profit.

Humm, wonder if i wore shooting head gear my meetings would be more endurable.

[sidebar, are you training solely for defending against the loss of the company's money, high value items, etc. per se or engaging in personal self defence tactics against bad guys?]

It's mainly to save our lives. Our job is really dangerous. If we can defend the bag without dying obviously it's a plus. But its never a smart move to draw on a drop.

For those of you that don't know. I'm in the armored car business and had my refresher course today. This is more of a range report lol. We did several drills while shooting and moving. Some strong hand and off hand shooting. Side to side strafes and some draw point and shoot from the chest. We had a 30 shot warm up period and 2 60 round qualifying segments. Got 59 hits out of 60 the first time and 60 out of 60 the second. We started at 25 yards and moved into about 5 yards almost arms reach. Here is my 60 out of 60 silhouette. It was all timed and very fast paced.

View attachment 1639
Well I would hate to live on the difference. Great job. I guess you get to shoot alot. I shoot a bit myself and scored double 100's in revolver and semi auto for concealed carry. I do have to admit, neither course seemed challenging.

Well I would hate to live on the difference. Great job. I guess you get to shoot alot. I shoot a bit myself and scored double 100's in revolver and semi auto for concealed carry. I do have to admit, neither course seemed challenging.

I don't shoot as much as I would really want to. I do what i do to keep the lights on and food on the table for my kids. It's got it's perks. But it's alot of hours. I work 15 to 20 hours in overtime per week. Just depends on what the job commands that week. I had a 17 hour day last wednesday. My longest was 5:30 till 11 at night clock out. Sometimes I get overtime by the 3rd day of work

Such long hours look good on the paycheck but also reduce your effectiveness as security. I have seen tired people try to be on alert. Your company is taking a chance. Maybe they should just hire some more people.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top