JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am hoping that someone can help me figure out the easiest way to get holster marks off of a stainless steel firearm slide. I just want to make the weapon a little more presentable, as I am trying to trade it. So, someone suggested that I try the Eagle One Nevr-Dull wadding polish. I picked up a can, but if there is something better to try, then I will return it. If anyone has any ideas, your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DSC09474.jpg

I'm going to take a guess and say a green scotch-brite pad and some soapy water.
Start cleaning lightly and increase pressure as needed.
I'm sure others will chime in on this.

I know you don't want to use anything like steel wool or brillo pads because they can embed small steel particles
into the metal and rust. Did this on aluminum wheels once...

Thanks for the replies. I tried a couple of the suggestions, but they don't make any difference. The holster has basically polished the slide in those areas, so it will need to be bead blasted to restore it. It will make someone a good carry or truck pistol as it is - no need to worry about scuffs or dings that way.

Best to have it bead-blasted to achieve a homogenous color on both the slide and frame. Just make sure the beads are plastic and very small so as to avoid a rough peening.

I guess its always nice to revisit some of these posts every once in a while. It actually worked out because I scratched my Tikka during hunting season. As I am not selling it I will let you know what works.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top