JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I looked at a 1920's NIB Remington 51 in .32 today. It is one of the coolest little pocket pistols I've ever seen.

Yeah, I put it on layaway.

Anyone have thoughts on the little 51? I'd only heard of the new offering from Rem.

Never even heard of it, and I can't honestly say I've ever shot a .32 ACP. Looks nice though! What made you want it?

I didn't realize the UMC brand was that old...

IMGP4326Rem51Rm.jpg

Saw it in the showcase...new arrival. It was just so new, including the box and some NOS ammo. And it's just got that PPK look to it, and I'm an alcoholic version of a firearms collector that can't put the bottle down:p

Saw it in the showcase...new arrival. It was just so new, including the box and some NOS ammo. And it's just got that PPK look to it, and I'm an alcoholic version of a firearms collector that can't put the bottle down:p

Heh I hear you there! Firearms just seem to follow me home. I really like the film-noir look of firearms from the 20's-60's, very classy.

What do you mean by this?

Apparently the new R51 was a failure; the "revised" model is supposed to've corrected deficiencies with it.

MAC channel on tube has a test of a T&E shipped to him a couple years ago. It's a disconcerting vid. However, the original 51 is supposed to be a very good firearm :)

Apparently the new R51 was a failure; the "revised" model is supposed to've corrected deficiencies with it.

MAC channel on tube has a test of a T&E shipped to him a couple years ago. It's a disconcerting vid. However, the original 51 is supposed to be a very good firearm :)
Yup. The more modernized and "upgraded" 51s are no where near as good as the original.

Ah good to hear!

Yup. The more modernized and "upgraded" 51s are no where near as good as the original.

Isn't that how it usually goes?

Ok, I picked it up yesterday. Yes, pics will be forthcoming later today....

Now, for the analysis: :s0094:

Backstory: Locked in a safe 40+ years, combo forgotten until it was discovered in a forgotten stack of records. ANIB...and I mean no BS on Gunbroker NIB...this thing is about as untouched as I've ever seen in a relic gun. It is the final gen type, with a high serial number (mid-late 20's). Docs, tools, registration slip, warranty card, and a 36"x36" foldout owners guide/service instructions/parts list. Like from a time capsule. There's no marks on the breech, barrel, trigger.

Ok, I picked it up yesterday. Yes, pics will be forthcoming later today....

Now, for the analysis: :s0094:

Backstory: Locked in a safe 40+ years, combo forgotten until it was discovered in a forgotten stack of records. ANIB...and I mean no BS on Gunbroker NIB...this thing is about as untouched as I've ever seen in a relic gun. It is the final gen type, with a high serial number (mid-late 20's). Docs, tools, registration slip, warranty card, and a 36"x36" foldout owners guide/service instructions/parts list. Like from a time capsule. There's no marks on the breech, barrel, trigger.

Wow, that sounds incredible! Can't wait to see the photos :)

Amazing that such an advanced, still contemporary firearm was made 90 years ago. Drafting boards, pencils, manual math, and some real talent. Not to mention, no CNC boxes, hydraulic cutters, laser guidance, or solid state computers!!!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top