JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you feel like you would like to share a snapshot of what your reloading bench/area looks like feel free.

I know when I started reloading I was looking at other's benches and how they laid out their setups. It really helped me design the bench that I have now.

While this is an older photo, I did give myself plenty of space to grow. 2950

it is very important as many of us know to keep our reloading areas clean, neat and organized.

Some guys have everything tucked away, hidden in a cabinet, some like me are crude and go with function over form.

What say you?

Damn Nice set up!! Kinda makes me jealous how organized you are and I thought I was doing good. These pics are before I got all my stuff and had the opportunity to set it up. I will have to take more pics of what it currently looks like.

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

I'm portable these days brother. Got it all on a B&D workmate mounted to a piece of 1 1/4" subfloor. Any port in a storm;) it doubles as my dinner table on the back side behind the press:p.

The turret press has proved to be very versatile in a small space. I got inline quick change mounts for my progressive and single stage but I haven't set them up yet. I'd love to get my progressive set up for my pistol and revolver stuff but having time to do it is the challenge now and the turret works pretty good for now.

20191005_235445.jpg

Ya I'm going to buy a trailer and haul my stuff myself. The main household stuff a moving company can do. Hoping to move in the next couple years and I'm packing stuff and getting it ready now.
I'm still in the process of moving to NV, I've been moving it a jeepload or two at a time. hopefully when work slows down a bit I can bring out the moving truck.

I'm still in the process of moving to NV, I've been moving it a jeepload or two at a time. hopefully when work slows down a bit I can bring out the moving truck.
Boy I bet your shop is overwhelming. Mine was small in comparison. I just took the necessities and put the rest in storage. I'll have to drive up and rent a trailer to get the rest. Not looking forward to that trip.

Boy I bet your shop is overwhelming. Mine was small in comparison. I just took the necessities and put the rest in storage. I'll have to drive up and rent a trailer to get the rest. Not looking forward to that trip.
I have 4 lathes, two OBI presses, a mill, surface grinder, pallet racking, car parts, a lot of powder, primers, bullets, probably a ton of brass in various states of processing, two camdex machines, and a ton of other stuff. Yea, it's going to be a big job probably involving a machinery moving company. I dunno, I might rent a 5th wheel trailer and set my pickup up to pull stuff out here to save myself some money.

I have 4 lathes, two OBI presses, a mill, surface grinder, pallet racking, car parts, a lot of powder, primers, bullets, probably a ton of brass in various states of processing, two camdex machines, and a ton of other stuff. Yea, it's going to be a big job probably involving a machinery moving company. I dunno, I might rent a 5th wheel trailer and set my pickup up to pull stuff out here to save myself some money.
I'll quit griping about having to rent a 6x12 trailer. You're going to need a semi...

That is my issue. I have a 27 x 40 shop full of tools and reloading equipment along with two safes full of guns and ammo. I'm thinking I will need at least a 20' enclosed goose neck trailer. Figured I would keep my eye on the auctions and see if I can pick one up cheap and then sell it for a profit when I get to AZ. Then the whole thing is a money maker for me. I have a little over a year to find the right deal on a trailer.

My bench. It's usually a lot messier than this. It cleaned-up a little when I gave away my two mildcat rifles and everything that went with them. The cardboard box to the lower right contains the tools and various little doo-dads I use to assemble AR-type rifles.

The white, cylindrical thing to the top left is the base station for my Simpli-Safe home security system. Once the system is set and any door is unauthorizedly opened or any movement occurs in my living room that should not happen, the system calls the police and they tear on over to my place to check it out. I know it works because I've been hit with a $100 false-alarm charge once already. I have no idea how that happened, but I'm now certain the system works. Any smokewagons I might have are well-protected.

Our family has had the table since March of 1964. It has been across the Atlantic ocean four times. It's beginning to sag after serving in six decades, and beginning its seventh. Stuff you bought back in them days was built to last...

reloading bench.JPG

Last Edited:
I'll dig through some pictures, see if I got any bench pics. I know I should. IMG_20151102_182348.jpg
Here's one where we were getting drawing and pinch trimming working, with a bump step. The idea was to use the second draw to trim, and then bump so we could strip the part off the punch. Didn't work in production though.
IMG_20160401_193607.jpg
Here's one of the Ten-X Ammoloads, now long ago sold.
IMG_20150225_163042.jpg
Here's one of the JS-6300's that's still in use. I need to put some work back into it to get it running. Ammo market is so soft right now I'm not even reloading for myself, I'm just buying ammo.
JS6300-01.jpg

Ammo market is so soft right now I'm not even reloading for myself; I'm just buying ammo.
I understand but for me, I cannot buy ammo. Knowing that half the price of the box is for the brass, I just cannot force myself to do it. Some people must buy factory ammo because of moronic laws, or for whatever reason disallows a man to reload. I look at reloading as one of the several steps along the way to find the greatest benefit in firing a round at a distant target-- and hitting it. Factory ammo is loaded by powder volume; I'll guess by plus or minus 1/32" in the case. Handloads are loaded by powder mass-- by 0.1 grains-- which is 1/70,000th of a pound. That's pretty accurate, I'd say. I'll go through the bullschumer to be in the hunt for that 3/4-minute group from 600 yards away...

These are old pictures of my benches. Toady there is a bunch more goodies stuffed in the room and it is FAR messier!! We are currently looking to move to SE Arizona so I can have a reloading building and at least a 200 yard range and my wife can have a quilt studio.

tEHY2LG.jpg

OrC2agR.jpg

CGxWtLs.jpg

Greg

Wow! Look at all of that Hi-Tech equipment. You guys would go crazy if you could see me dribbling powder out of an old t-spoon into the pan on my balance beam RCBS scale. I then take the bullets that I have cast using my old bottom drop lead pot and after sizing in a home made sizer, press them into place using my 1961 RCBS single stage press. :)

Bullets-1.jpg

Wow! Look at all of that Hi-Tech equipment. You guys would go crazy if you could see me dribbling powder out of an old t-spoon into the pan on my balance beam RCBS scale. I then take the bullets that I have cast using my old bottom drop lead pot and after sizing in a home made sizer, press them into place using my 1961 RCBS single stage press. :)

View attachment 8897
There is nothing wrong with doing it that way! I still use my grandfathers Herters C press, and dads Case trimer from the 50's. Sometimes its just that kind of day!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top