JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love going to the range! It is one of my favorite past times hanging with good and like minded people.

What is your favorite pistol or rifle that you bring to the range?
What are your goals when you go to the range?
Who do you like going with?

I have several rifles that I enjoy going to the range with but my favorites are by far my Tikka in 308, side charging AR and my AR-10. I would really like to add a bolt gun in 223 to the mix. My goals have always been the same to challenge myself to see if I can get better.

As for who I go with. Anyone that is like minded and loves going. I have enjoyed many a range trips with members of NWFA and look forward to meeting more people and doing the same.

I know that this is SWFA so I will put this out there. I will be in AZ sometime in May and would love the opportunity to meet up with a few members to get some range time in.

I am not sure if I will be bringing any firearms but if I drive I most definitely would bring something.

I mainly shoot pistol, so at the range that's been my focus 90% of the time. Recently I've been inspired to become a better Rifleman as it's something I've neglected. I currently have a Remington Woodsmaster 742 (Poor Mans BAR) that I'll scope up and begin the process of improving that skill.

What are some things I can work on initially when beginning to improve my rifle skills?

I find breathing to be my biggest problem along with my brain. Last time at the range I took the first shot at 300 yards and drilled it right on the bull. Someone yelled holy Sheit nice shot. couldn't do it again to save my life! :(

You just need some trigger time brother. You will learn real quick what you need to work on. I owe you a trip and we will get that scheduled soon. After this weekend I will need one.

I've noticed that my focus completely changes every few months. I'll be really into shooting my handguns for a month or two, then clays, then I'll decide I absolutely have to build a precision rifle in some new caliber. The one gun that I constantly love to shoot is my Ruger MKIV 22/45, it always makes it in the range bag :)

I mainly shoot pistol, so at the range that's been my focus 90% of the time. Recently I've been inspired to become a better Rifleman as it's something I've neglected. I currently have a Remington Woodsmaster 742 (Poor Mans BAR) that I'll scope up and begin the process of improving that skill.

What are some things I can work on initially when beginning to improve my rifle skills?
Money.

@11Charlie
If you head toward Tucson area, feel free to hit me up, bud.

Every time I go shoot, I bring whatever other folks want to shoot, whatever I don't mind cleaning, after :s0112:
And there's usually something that's been nagging at me that I need to shoot. I don't think I usually bring the same firearm two trips in a row. Usually when I go out, I'm helping teach someone, or sharing some experience with a shooter who has less experience. I don't often get out just for me.

@11Charlie
If you head toward Tucson area, feel free to hit me up, bud.

Every time I go shoot, I bring whatever other folks want to shoot, whatever I don't mind cleaning, after :s0112:
And there's usually something that's been nagging at me that I need to shoot. I don't think I usually bring the same firearm two trips in a row. Usually when I go out, I'm helping teach someone, or sharing some experience with a shooter who has less experience. I don't often get out just for me.

I will let you know appreciate the offer!

Are there any ranges in the South Tuscon area, I spend a lot of time in the Saharita/Green Valley area but don't mind traveling! I know there is a range up off of Ajo road ( sort of) but don't see any signs or know if it is even open to the public! Sounds like some pretty serious rifle fire coming out of there at times!

I went to the range this morning (Caswells). My reason for going is for self defense practice. I don't worry about taking a lot of time to line up each shot - I empty the magazine at about one trigger pull per second. I want to be sure that if I am in a situation where I need to defend myself, that I will be on target, center mass. I also practice head shots, just because.

I always take my Sig P320, along with one of my 1911s. Today I also took the shotgun that I just got. Sometimes I take the hand cannons (either the Desert Eagle .50 AE or the Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull). Occasionally I take the S&W 686 Plus (.357 Magnum) or the Dan Wesson .44 Magnum revolver. I do have a Mini-14 that I got towards the end of last year that I still haven't fired (I got it used). I also haven't taken my AR--15 to the range in quite some time (when I was able to get to Safford, AZ a couple of times per year, I took it, along with several other firearms - my young cousins like shooting, so I take a variety.

If I ever get out to the Rio Salado Sportsman's Club again, I think I will take the Winchester 94 30-30 to get the scope sighted in, along with the AR-15, and the SKS. I only have a 2X TruGlo red/green dot on the SKS, but it gives me quite good accuracy. I only sighted it in at 75 feet, but I can hit the 200 yard targets with it. Rio Salado is definitely better for rifle shooting (Caswells is an indoor range - I try to go there every week, as they are pretty close to my house and I am all about convenience).

Some of the "good stuff" I typically take to the range... Glocks, too.

DFEB4647-E4A8-4C4C-BEC3-9E5656C0CEED.jpeg 50F5A15D-B740-47CB-A446-64A225702393.jpeg 47C27787-8770-4538-835F-52F7FC6C8543.jpeg 4931D86D-0583-4345-9042-6968F48DFE0D.jpeg 5C45897A-D70B-4915-8B23-81005F43CAD5.jpeg 69CA4270-8C44-4E3D-9C11-D17E3FDE3BE3.jpeg 2B7C3C1C-9400-4A01-933E-66A6CC538CF2.jpeg

The one with the eight magazines (one inserted) looks like a Valmet. I wanted one of those way back in the early 1980s. Was stupid and spent the money on hotrodding my car. Money's gone. Car is gone. Still don't have the Valmet...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top