JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am getting my SIL into firearms. Next Saturday we are going to mill out his first 80% lower and build him his very first AR. Its funny because he is so jacked about the build he is already talking about building his second and wants a pistol build.

What are your favorite builds and why? Pics would be great.

IMG_0541.JPG

This is by far mine so far. It is a 80 lower with a side charge upper on it. The side charge makes it way easier with a scope on it.

I guess I have no favorite builds....
Because I can't think of any of them I think of as special.

I do have 1 more 80% receiver left to machine - then build.
I have another 5.45x39 flat top complete upper coming that I've been deciding which scope or sights to put on, but haven't put a lower together for it yet.

I clicked on your pic - and it refused to load....
But the little pic looks good!

I guess I have no favorite builds....
Because I can't think of any of them I think of as special.

I do have 1 more 80% receiver left to machine - then build.
I have another 5.45x39 flat top complete upper coming that I've been deciding which scope or sights to put on, but haven't put a lower together for it yet.

Do you have a rifle or pistol that you take shooting every time you go? I always take my Tikka. Don't know what it is but I love shooting that thing.

No matter what other weapons go with me into the desert to shoot....
My 7.62x39 AR and my CZ SP-01 Tactical go on every trip. The CZ is open carried, and the AR is on my back for every trip out to my targets. Walking 300 or 400 yds away from my truck and table full of weapons gives me a less than warm fuzzy feeling. Yes, somebody is always at the truck, but if overwhelmed by force - I need to be able to "send my regards". I know, just dumb paranoia. LOL

Actually my favorite shooting rifle to date is an M4 configured in 5.45x39. For what ever reason, that thing just manages to send the tiny little bullets wherever I "will them" to go, and does it effortlessly.

The rifle I'm itching to get back behind is my RPR in .308. I just got it and had it out just long enough to get it initially sighted in, but not any trips after that to stretch it's legs - or get any dope on it. When things cool off and the deserts open again, I'll be out there banging steel!

No matter what other weapons go with me into the desert to shoot....
My 7.62x39 AR and my CZ SP-01 Tactical go on every trip. The CZ is open carried, and the AR is on my back for every trip out to my targets. Walking 300 or 400 yds away from my truck and table full of weapons gives me a less than warm fuzzy feeling. Yes, somebody is always at the truck, but if overwhelmed by force - I need to be able to "send my regards". I know, just dumb paranoia. LOL

Actually my favorite shooting rifle to date is an M4 configured in 5.45x39. For what ever reason, that thing just manages to send the tiny little bullets wherever I "will them" to go, and does it effortlessly.

The rifle I'm itching to get back behind is my RPR in .308. I just got it and had it out just long enough to get it initially sighted in, but not any trips after that to stretch it's legs - or get any dope on it. When things cool off and the deserts open again, I'll be out there banging steel!

I have a buddy that lives in Coolidge and has a 1000 yard range on his farm.

Here's a few of my builds...:D

16" barreled 5.56...
F8AD76B9-5844-4103-BEF1-98CE72A2D9E6.jpeg

This one is in 6.8SPC-II 3842A728-0DB9-4C72-8B60-E800C35089FA.jpeg

11.5" (modern) CAR-15's...
BF4E1AD8-867A-46AB-B9EB-69941BB79785.jpeg

I have enough stuff accumulated to build a third 11.5" CAR-15... "the twins" will become "the triplets" (one has a binary trigger group) before too long! Fang-1,2, &3 will be together again!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top