JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's my understanding, from reading the ATF website, that FFL holders are required to keep form 4473 for 20 years. After that are they just disposed of, or are they turned over to the ATF? Is the bound book record separate from these forms, or are the record keeping requirements the same?

Last Edited:
Can't answer too much of your question but I do know that when a dealer goes out of business, the 4473s are sent to the ATF where they are ostensibly kept until Hellsinki freezes over. You never know if they might be used in an investigation. Recall the handgun used in the Vince Foster death was originally manufactured in about 1913. I sort o' remember it had been assembled from the parts of several others. Vince Foster was right-handed; the gun was found in his left. Begs a few questions, eh?

Can't answer too much of your question but I do know that when a dealer goes out of business, the 4473s are sent to the ATF where they are ostensibly kept until Hellsinki freezes over. You never know if they might be used in an investigation. Recall the handgun used in the Vince Foster death was originally manufactured in about 1913. I sort o' remember it had been assembled from the parts of several others. Vince Foster was right-handed; the gun was found in his left. Begs a few questions, eh?

I think the ATF themselves are flouting the law. The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA) is a United States federal law that makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any sort of database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner.
Are Guns Registered in a National Firearms Registry

Yet as you state, when an FFL quits the business, they are required by the ATF to turn over all their 4473s, and as I was trying to confirm, likely their bound book records of gun sales.

"Federally licensed gun dealers are required to submit sales records to the ATF when they close up shop. The ATF has acquired a massive library of such records: more than 285 million, which it scans and digitizes. Those documents are saved into one of the 25 "data systems" that help the ATF source guns used in crimes."
The ATF's Nonsenical Non-Searchable Gun Databases, Explained

When I had an FFL 10 years ago the ATF used to come into my shop yearly, 'check out' all my books and go back to their lair to download all that info. If you don't like that, buy private sale--cause it's never getting any less restricted--

When I had an FFL 10 years ago the ATF used to come into my shop yearly, 'check out' all my books and go back to their lair to download all that info. If you don't like that, buy private sale--cause it's never getting any less restricted--

Did you have to turn in your bound book records when you closed up shop, or just your 4473s?

If the democrats get their way, there wont be anymore legal private sales. They want the database so they know where to go to round up the guns. Just ask Diane FRANKENSTEIN, she wants them ALL.

Did you have to turn in your bound book records when you closed up shop, or just your 4473s?

If the democrats get their way, there wont be anymore legal private sales. They want the database so they know where to go to round up the guns. Just ask Diane FRANKENSTEIN, she wants them ALL.

Both are required to be turned in, a friend told me to have all my bound books copied, so if I was charged with anything I would have some evidence

If the Democrats get their way, there won't be anymore legal private sales. They want the database so they know where to go to round-up the guns. Just ask Diane FRANKENSTEIN; she wants them ALL.
Copulate that bravo-itch. That's about as much as I can write without violating the bounds of civility...

upload_2018-12-13_20-24-22.png

If business ceases, Licensees ate required to submit their records to ATF's out of business section at the address provided in ATF mandates.

The Hypocrat Party wants the records of gun sales to private American citizens so they can perpetrate a redux of what Mao and Stalin did to tens of millions of innocent, everyday people. Anybody who says that's a crockpot idea is unaware that absolute power corrupts absolutely...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top