JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all, I hope you'll be able to answer a question. Another forum was against free speech and refused to answer my questions and they banned me. Maybe I misworded something, but those were legitimate questions, and I wish to be civil. I will only be asking one of them here:

If there is a person who loves wildlife and considers their property to be a wildlife habitat, but they have a neighbor who shoots nuisance wildlife, how can the two neighbors resolve their differences?

Really not enough info to offer a solution. Types of wildlife, amount of space involved, encroachment on private property, status of type of wildlife and hunting/protection rules, etc. need to be identified.

Also relevant state or local laws need to be brought in.

If you are feeding the nuisance animals and he is shooting the nuisance animals..... it'll all fix itself eventually.
Either the nuisance animals will learn to stay off the neighbor's property, or you won't have to feed them anymore.

This isn't actually something that was going on; it is hypothetical because it's for a fictional story I'm writing. Thank you for the insight!

A single person cannot declare their property a wildlife habitat, but can declare it "no hunting", properly posted on his/her land per relevant state law. However, the restriction wouldn't extend one millimeter beyond his property line. If the animal in question is not protected and the neighbor who is doing what he/she considers pest eradication is within the law, there is nothing that can be legaly done, at least in my home state. Best is to realize that MadDuner's solution is the most likely.

I'll hazard the opinion that any nuisance animal on your property is fair game for eradication. The rattlesnake hugger can hug the snake all he wants when said snake is on his property. You consider the snake a threat when it's on your property. Unless the animal is recorded by law to be protected, you can shoot the dam-ned thing sans consequences. Happened to a man I knew from years ago. He had a pond on his property that he'd stocked with expensive goldfish. Some sort of white bird with a long beak kept coming to his pond and grabbing a fish. After having lost several fish, he shot one of the birds. The upshot is that he'd killed some protected bird, and had to pay $20,000 in fines for having done so. The man was filthy rich, so the fine was not a problem. What got to him was that he had to pay a fine because he'd killed some bird that was in effect stealing from him.

At my last house I used to feed the birds--one day my gf saw the neighbor had some string traps set up to catch any birds that stepped into them on my property. Shortly thereafter I started noticing a lot of one-legged birds around. When I 'requested' the neighbor stay the f*ck off my property he said "me no speaka english" -- I then built a 300 foot long block wall cause I figured that would be cheaper than hiring a lawyer for after I shot him.

Some liberal arschloch said walls don't work. How well did yours work out?

Worked great, I hear the illegal alien neighbor felt much safer knowing the feds couldn't get at him from that direction-- lot less worry for him. Unfortunately I was quoted $5k to build the wall, but did it myself for only double that price. Then after that for 4 years the planning & zoning people mailed me threats about charging me $850 per day until I tore it down, cause they alleged it was built in the 'flood way', even though it was built upon a hill.

Of course since none of the letters came via certified mail I paid little attention to them, but one day I got a letter from the superior court & it did come certified mail. I found a crotchety old hydrologist who was gonna retire next year and he didn't need to @ss kiss the state to get re-licensed & he saw things my way, for the most part. He certified my wall as not impeding nor restricting the water in that section in any way & that old wall is still standing--

I put a sh1tload of extra reinforcement in that thing, which is why it cost me $10k & if I had asked the state for permission first (got a permit) they would have said NO & no hydrologist would have ever allowed that wall to be built at all

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top