JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just so you know you cleaned-up and put everything away. You'd use a lot of bad language if you dumped a good bit of one powder onto another bit that was hiding in your powder measure. Don't ask me how I know this...

If you are only using one powder, why should you put it back in the container when you are finished loading for the day?

Modern smokeless powder contains a number of volatile solvents, including ether and acetone. In most cases the powder is dried to a specific level and some of these volatiles are left in the powder. If you leave the powder just sitting out it will absorb water from the air, the volatiles will evaporate, and also certain deoxidants that are in the powder will degrade. The performance of your powder will get worse over time. Maybe you don't notice it if you load up a hundred rounds a week and go shoot it. But if you leave that powder in the measure for a year without touching it, probably worth dumping it in the scrap bin. Besides, do you really remember what powder that was?

Good to see you again, AMproducts. You've been MIA for quite a good while.

Per remembering what powder was left in the measure a year ago, I write it down on a small slip of paper and leave it inside the reservoir, positioned such that I can read it through the red translucent plastic from which my Lee Precision measure is made.

Good to see you again, AMproducts. You've been MIA for quite a good while.

Per remembering what powder was left in the measure a year ago, I write it down on a small slip of paper and leave it inside the reservoir, positioned such that I can read it through the red translucent plastic from which my Lee Precision measure is made.

It's all one big cycle for me, I fall out of certain habits, and then back into them.

I just don't leave powder in measures, I've had too many occasions of "wtf was I even doing here anyways" even a week later, much less a month or a year. Plus the damage to the measure from the solvents attacking the plastics.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top