JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just got done assembling this LaRue .308. Only took me 6 months to get all the parts from them! Hoping to reach out past 1000 yards with it.

Running a Vortex PST Gen 2 for the long range stuff along with a Vortex Viper on a Vortex 45* mount for close stuff.

Matching LaRue Tranquilo suppressor is currently in jail :(

AFB914DF-0089-4DF0-B464-0674368F7437.jpeg

06C79754-C688-404B-BBE6-B4E7285EB571.jpeg

AE5C1B9D-39B0-4393-A2C0-41E1A9C2AD57.jpeg

EEF68E06-C05B-4A80-9290-E7D9A8DAB2DA.jpeg

Just got done assembling this LaRue .308. Only took me 6 months to get all the parts from them! Hoping to reach out past 1000 yards with it.

Running a Vortex PST Gen 2 for the long range stuff along with a Vortex Viper on a Vortex 45* mount for close stuff.

Matching LaRue Tranquilo suppressor is currently in jail :(

View attachment 3791

View attachment 3792

View attachment 3793

View attachment 3794
I like the 45 degree cant red-dot. I run Iron sights like that, it works well.

Details please. :D

Aero Precision M5 lower and enhanced upper with a 15" M-lok hand guard
Seekins BCG (which is pretty cool because it has 2 ejectors)
Magpul STR and MOE+grip
Armalite buffer, tube and spring
Rock River NM 2 stage trigger
Faxon 16" Heavy fluted barrel with a Thunder Beast CB brake

Pictured is a Sightron scope but I have a Vortex PST Gen II 3-15 coming for it. Not sure that it will be quite enough scope but I am going to give it a try.

So far (30 rounds through it) it looks like it shoots pretty decent. I am excited to see if I can be some what consistent at 1000 with it. Even if it isn't consistent, saying you hit at 1000 with a 16" barrel has to be worth something. :)

I got the last thing that I needed today to finish my second build. I really like how this one turned out. The furniture is mostly Timber Creek (the green stuff), with the exception of the anti-walk, anti-rotation pins (I got that one off of eBay, so it doesn't match). 80% lower, Tacfire upper, Alex Pro nickel boron BCG, Elftmann match trigger (2.75 - 4 pound adjustable - love these triggers), a Strike Industries Checkmate compensator, and of course my new (to me) Trijicon ACOG.

I will hopefully be taking it to the range next week (this one chambered a round right from the get go, and also ejected just fine). A little play between the upper and lower, but I have a rubber cushion (shim) that I can install between the two.

Joe what barrel length and twist rate is it?

I just saw this :s0113:

It's the 18" barrel. As for the twist rate, that's a great question, I can't see it under the hand guard. Internet indicates 1/10, but I just emailed LaRue, as that's something I'll definitely want to know for sure :)

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top