JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rudimentary internet search does not show Peter Piper Pizza, a subsidiary of CEC Entertainment [aka chucky e. cheese's], having any type of formal published 'no firearm' corp policy.

That stated, these eating establishments are private enities and therefore are within their purview to deny access as the see fit, as long as they do not violate federal civil rights mandates.

Now the hard question remains, is JohnQCitizen who is OC/CC, in accordance with established statutory mandates allowed in? If not, then why would an exception be made for a LE?

Yes, I have heard and understood the tirade that the privileged LE needs it for their protection, on/off duty.

But, if it is so arduous and perilous out there, shouldn't JohnQPublic be affording the SD opportunities to protect themselves?

Remember, as by USSCourt decision, LEs are not under any obligation to respond to any citizen's emergency.

Finally, slight tongue in cheek...is there now 'discounts' on the table to make amends as a piece offering to the LE agencies?

For the first time ever, I find myself drawn to PPP. There is more pressure than ever to grovel in front of authoritarianism. Glad to see Arizonans standing up for themselves.

one more reason to Conceal Carry.

????

Sorry, it a private establishes posts 'no gun signs' doesn't matter if you OC or CC now does it?

Further, even if the 'no gun sign's do not carry the weight of law in your state, failure to carry now opens the individual to possible judical issue for trespass.

Surely, you are not advocating on a public forum, that members/readers ignore private establishments 'no gun signs' and carry their firearms anyway?

????

Sorry, it a private establishes posts 'no gun signs' doesn't matter if you OC or CC now does it?

Further, even if the 'no gun sign's do not carry the weight of law in your state, failure to carry now opens the individual to possible judical issue for trespass.

Surely, you are not advocating on a public forum, that members/readers ignore private establishments 'no gun signs' and carry their firearms anyway?

I advocate for the carrying of concealed guns past any 'no guns' signs, just as long as there isn't a metal detector & security inside--those places don't have the right to take away my right to carry, unless they are going to protect me while I'm in their place of business & as long as they don't know, it doesn't make the least bit of difference to either of us

????

Sir, i am not publicly encouraging trespassing on private property, a cops job is to protect people, "me", "you" and even the people asking him not to carry in the pizza place. those people still deserve to be protected. if that Pizza place were to be robbed right now. they will call 911 the first chance they get and i am sure the dispatch cops are gonna carry guns. LOL. its funny to me. i won't it at a place where i can't protect myself and family. just my 0.2 cents.

Last Edited:
Sir, i am not publicly encouraging trespassing on private property, a cops job is to protect people, "me", "you" and even the people asking him not to carry in the pizza place. those people still deserve to be protected. if that Pizza place were to be robbed right now. they will call 911 the first chance they get and i am sure the dispatch cops are gonna carry guns. LOL. its funny to me. i won't it at a place where i can't protect myself and family. just my 0.2 cents.

Alas, the USSC decided LEs do not have to respond to any citizen's emergency and as the judical system recently decided in parkland fl, nor to protect this nation's citizens.

I advocate for the carrying of concealed guns past any 'no guns' signs, just as long as there isn't a metal detector & security inside--those places don't have the right to take away my right to carry, unless they are going to protect me while I'm in their place of business & as long as they don't know, it doesn't make the least bit of difference to either of us

That is your moral & ethical decision to make, however, to advocate such lawlessness on a very public forum, is not truly prudent from a practical point of view as your statement 'could/would' be used against you in judicial/civil proceedings.

Those 'places' do have the RIGHT as they are private property!

That is your moral & ethical decision to make, however, to advocate such lawlessness on a very public forum, is not truly prudent from a practical point of view as your statement 'could/would' be used against you in judicial/civil proceedings.

Those 'places' do have the RIGHT as they are private property!

I like that you think this forum is 'very public' --do we even have 20 people on here who post?

Anyhow I would be glad to shout it from the rooftops--Honest citizen lives take precedence over those of people too dumb to take precautions against a pos criminal who cares nothing for the law--I am tired of the uselessly stupid 'no gun' zones that only serve to help criminals, by disarming the innocent.

Now if you wish to allow some idiot politician who has his own armed security detail make your life decisions, that's on you-- but count me out

Now by a show of hands, who here thinks politicians are good people who only take the job of telling us what to do for our own good?

I don't see any hands raised--How about You?

I like that you think this forum is 'very public' --do we even have 20 people on here who post?

Anyhow I would be glad to shout it from the rooftops--Honest citizen lives take precedence over those of people too dumb to take precautions against a pos criminal who cares nothing for the law--I am tired of the uselessly stupid 'no gun' zones that only serve to help criminals, by disarming the innocent.

Now if you wish to allow some idiot politician who has his own armed security detail make your life decisions, that's on you-- but count me out

Now by a show of hands, who here thinks politicians are good people who only take the job of telling us what to do for our own good?

I don't see any hands raised--How about You?

Alas billdeserthill, et al., JoeL has stats turned off of SFF but if i might draw a comparison from JoeL's other site...

10 feb 0825L MST, I just pulled stats of who is "seeing" the forum at that moment in time, "Total: 408 (members: 77, guests: 331)"

now pray tell me with any certainty who 331 guests are?
Bots?
JQCitizen with an inquisitive mind or burning itch which needs answering?
A young inquistive mind?
Oh and let's not fail to consider and recognize agencies, State, Federal, small town sheriff, foreign & domestic, who might be connected electronically monitoring for real or perceived nefarious reason(s).

As for your hand raising excercise, those individuals belong to and frequent other forums & FB as well as other social media so you might redirect your query to those sites.

Politicians, might we reminisce a moment to 2016ish, when the firearm advocates of the Lonestar state were pushing for their citizens to be granted the 'privilege' to OC their handguns. The savant TX grassroots overseers advise and promote their minions OC LGs [some properly and some dangerously] in local community businesses, some were marked 'no guns,' some were known nationally as no firearms, as some were nationally neutral towards firearms.

Result, the idiots got extreme negative national newspeek & social media attention which propagated even more private businesses to change their firearm policies. As the TX grassroots overseers stated they could and would continue the LG OC'd 'cuz it's our right' , negative attention got even worse across this nation and anti's had a field day.

Result those anti citizens pushed the political minions as well as the corp's to change or institutionalize no firearm policies in their corp facilities as well as the franchise sites.

Only when the uproar got so great from SAF, NRA, JFP, did the idiots of the TX grassroots overseers state publicly,

"OH WE GUESS OUR PROMOTION PLAN WASN'T WELL THOUGHT OUT, WAS IT"

As Paul Harvey would say, the rest of the story...TX citizens got statutory 'privilege' to OC, IF they have a state privilege card AND if any LE sees a citizen OC'g a handgun, the citizen must immediately comply with the LEs "papers please!"

No sorry, we the advocates, are our own worst enemies by making bravado statements on public forums, which challenges the antis to catch us, which when caught then gets negatively reported near and far!

Ps, there are 1.4k members on this forum.

Far as I can tell every red flag law & every magazine capacity ban the anti's have come up with are all unConstitutional. I don't care what the anti's see because it won't change the sad fact that they have got nothing. All their best ideas are all unConstitutional, so there is no need to sneak around like ya know something that they don't--Fact is they know nothing, as most of what they do 'know' is predicated on feelings & emotions, so is not actual 'knowledge' anyhow

From what I'm getting out of this thread....some folks are gritty with some other folks, some folks are long winded, and all in all, something happened with a LEO at a pizza place that folks don't like, which turned out to be a mistake on the part of the pizza place employee. Lots of excitement going on here, fellas:s0033:

As for advocating for folks to enter privately owned premises that fly "No Guns" signs...

I'm a bit new to AZ, and welcome any citation of AZ law that says this is illegal. Only thing I can find refers to premises where liquor licenses are posted.

ARS 4.229 - Posting notice
A. A person may carry a concealed handgun on the premises of a licensee who is an on-sale retailer unless the licensee posts a sign that clearly prohibits the possession of weapons on the licensed premises. The sign shall conform to the following requirements:
  1. Be posted in a conspicuous location accessible to the general public and immediately adjacent to the liquor license posted on the licensed premises.
  2. Contain a pictogram that shows a firearm within a red circle and a diagonal red line across the firearm.
  3. Contain the words, "no firearms allowed pursuant to A.R.S. section 4-229".
B. A person shall not carry a firearm on the licensed premises of an on-sale retailer if the licensee has posted the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section.
C. It is an affirmative defense to a violation of subsection B of this section if:
  1. The person was not informed of the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section before the violation.
  2. Any one or more of the following apply:
  • (a) At the time of the violation the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section had fallen down.
  • (b) At the time of the violation the person was not a resident of this state.
  • (c) The licensee had posted the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section not more than thirty days before the violation.
D. The department of liquor licenses and control shall prepare the signs required by this section and make them available at no cost to licensees.

If you carry concealed into a business that has a no guns allowed sign posted by the door, then you are in violation of the law - you can be arrested and charged with a crime. A business does have the right to decide whether or not firearms are allowed on their property. While I do not like it when a business has those signs posted, I will comply with their wishes, as the risk of arrest and prosecution is not worth it.

From what I'm getting out of this thread....some folks are gritty with some other folks, some folks are long winded, and all in all, something happened with a LEO at a pizza place that folks don't like, which turned out to be a mistake on the part of the pizza place employee. Lots of excitement going on here, fellas:s0033:

As for advocating for folks to enter privately owned premises that fly "No Guns" signs...

I'm a bit new to AZ, and welcome any citation of AZ law that says this is illegal. Only thing I can find refers to premises where liquor licenses are posted.

ARS 4.229 - Posting notice
A. A person may carry a concealed handgun on the premises of a licensee who is an on-sale retailer unless the licensee posts a sign that clearly prohibits the possession of weapons on the licensed premises. The sign shall conform to the following requirements:
  1. Be posted in a conspicuous location accessible to the general public and immediately adjacent to the liquor license posted on the licensed premises.
  2. Contain a pictogram that shows a firearm within a red circle and a diagonal red line across the firearm.
  3. Contain the words, "no firearms allowed pursuant to A.R.S. section 4-229".
B. A person shall not carry a firearm on the licensed premises of an on-sale retailer if the licensee has posted the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section.
C. It is an affirmative defense to a violation of subsection B of this section if:
  1. The person was not informed of the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section before the violation.
  2. Any one or more of the following apply:

• (a) At the time of the violation the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section had fallen down.
  • (b) At the time of the violation the person was not a resident of this state.
  • (c) The licensee had posted the notice prescribed in subsection A of this section not more than thirty days before the violation.
D. The department of liquor licenses and control shall prepare the signs required by this section and make them available at no cost to licensees.

It is illegal to enter any business or other premises that have no firearm signs posted if you are carrying a firearm (open or concealed). The CCW website answered a question sort of related to this as follows:

I ENTERED A PRIVATE BUSINESS WITH MY CONCEALED HANDGUN AND CCW PERMIT. THE BUSINESS DID NOT HAVE ANY SIGNS POSTED PROHIBITING WEAPONS. SHORTLY THEREAFTER, AN EMPLOYEE APPROACHED ME AND SAID THEY DO NOT ALLOW FIREARMS IN THEIR BUSINESS AND I MUST TAKE THE GUN OFF THE PREMISES. CAN THEY DO THAT?
Yes. Arizona law permits private business owners (or their designates) to prohibit weapons from being brought onto their property, whether signs are posted or not. Private businesses are typically non-government operated businesses such as grocery and department stores, convenience stores, laundromats, banks, office complexes, etc. Failure to obey the request can result in your arrest for trespassing. (ARS 13-1502 / ARS 13-1503).

So, if someone inside a business asks you to remove your firearm from the premises, you must comply or risk arrest. If you see the no firearms sign, just comply - especially if you have a CCW permit. I am not willing to risk prosecution and loss of my CCW permit just to 'prove a point'. If you have a CCW permit, they should have gone over this in the class. Why take the chance??

I won't give my money to an establishment that has rules like this one! Its that simple for me. If enough people did the same thing they would reconsider the rule or they can go out of business.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top