JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is the message I got from watching the video and reading the text..."We need your help. Lock up your houses. Lock up your cars. Lock up your firearms so they stay out of the hands of criminals," added Burr. 100 guns stolen in 106 days (20 from cars) seems like a good reason to me for a public appeal.

Almost seems like some gun owners want criminals to steal from them

This is the message I got from watching the video and reading the text..."We need your help. Lock up your houses. Lock up your cars. Lock up your firearms so they stay out of the hands of criminals," added Burr. 100 guns stolen in 106 days (20 from cars) seems like a good reason to me for a public appeal.
So were the cars and houses unlocked and the weapons made available to 'criminals'? Its still illegal to enter a car or house that doesn't belong to you. How do you propose to keep robbers at bay? I will not invest in a foolproof security system as they are never foolproof. Read some of the comments in this stream describing theft of weapons from houses, cars, even gun safes. You are complicit with the police in making the gun owner the bad guy.

Yes, Joe, I have to admit I'm complicit with the police in making the gun owner the bad guy because I suspect only a few of the owners of the 100 guns stolen in 106 days had properly secured their firearm.

You are missing the point of the appeal and how it matters to all gun owners. Each of those 100 guns is just another piece of fuel for the misguided legislators that want to appeal to the 66% of the public that don't own firearms by creating more laws directed at US - the law-abiding, responsible gun owners.

Last Edited:
Yes, Joe, I have to admit I'm complicit with the police in making the gun owner the bad guy because I suspect only a few of the owners of the 100 guns stolen in 106 days had properly secured their firearm.

You are missing the point of the appeal and how it matters to all gun owners. Each of those 100 guns is just another piece of fuel for the misguided legislators that want to appeal to the 66% of the public that don't own firearms by creating more laws directed at US - the law-abiding, responsible gun owners.
By making the case that gun ownership enables criminals to commit crimes you are reinforcing the narrative that if it weren't for guns we wouldn't have crimes. Oh, the MSM will have fun quoting a 'gun owner' with that one as they seek to restrict ownership.

By making the case that gun ownership enables criminals to commit crimes you are reinforcing the narrative that if it weren't for guns we wouldn't have crimes. Oh, the MSM will have fun quoting a 'gun owner' with that one as they seek to restrict ownership.

Unfortunately that exact case is made each & everytime another gun is taken from it's rightful owner, whether you can see it or not

I'd like to hope that my valuables stay at home as well. The value of vehicles, computers, TVs, cameras, silver and china probably exceed the value of my meager gun collection but they cannot all be stored in a safe. Again my objection is equating gun ownership with increased crime rates, labeling gun owners as being irresponsible and contributors to crime. Instead of kow towing to the anti-gun crowd and effectively endorsing the further restriction of our rights, how about citing stats from the CDC showing a range of 1.5-2.5 million defensive gun uses effectively reducing the crime rates. Or highlighting the failures of our LEOs to adequately store and account for their weapons.

This is posted on a sister forum, NWFA, under firearm related news Baby accidentally shot while playing with young sibling inside North Carolina home, police say.

It strikes close to home because I live in North Carolina. Unfortunately, these types of accidents are happening at an alarming rate.

Sadly, it provides more fuel for the anti-gun, hand wringing, awfulizing and catastrophizing urban elites who believe they can prevent these kinds of accidents through tougher gun control laws. Grrrr!!!

First off anyone who doesn't bolt there safe to the floor and wall is an idiot and deserves what they get. Second If you strategically place your safe in a good spot like a corner it will make it more difficult. My safe even not bolted down wouldn't have been pushed over that easy. 750 lbs empty.
There is no 100% foolproof way to secure your weapons, save guarding them 24/7 yourself. Even the best safes can be CUT open with a torch.

There is no 100% foolproof way to secure your weapons, save guarding them 24/7 yourself. Even the best safes can be CUT open with a torch.

Absolutely!!! Many many ways for the bad to get what they want with enough time. I have done everything that I can to make sure they don't get that time. Alarms on all windows and doors and motion activated camera's around the property. If I could I would have trip wires, claymore mines and some other cool stuff:D

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top