JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
100% agree, a responsible gun owner will secure their weapons...all the time. It's either on your person or secured at home or in your car. If we as a gun community don't get on this side of the argument we will lose and lose big. Lock up your guns folks.

If the doors to the house are locked consider the gun locked up.
As far as forgetting things. If I forget where I put my car keys is that a sign ?
As far as depressed. I would think any normal person that watches what the way this country is headed is depressed.

As far as depressed. I would think any normal person that watches what the way this country is headed is depressed.
I stopped watching the news 24 x 7 2 years ago and I've never been happier. It's my opinion that all news has one mission and that to keep you glued to the TV, they get viewers and a lot of money for those views and we're left with a poor taste in our mouth about our Country. Get out and talk to folks, I've more hope in those conversations than any TV news program. YMMV

I stopped watching the news 24 x 7 2 years ago and I've never been happier. It's my opinion that all news has one mission and that to keep you glued to the TV, they get viewers and a lot of money for those views and we're left with a poor taste in our mouth about our Country. Get out and talk to folks, I've more hope in those conversations than any TV news program. YMMV

I did the same with both the news and social media. I can't tell you how much happier I've been because of it!

100% agree, a responsible gun owner will secure their weapons...all the time. It's either on your person or secured at home or in your car. If we as a gun community don't get on this side of the argument we will lose and lose big. Lock up your guns folks.

Agree and disagree my friend. Should we lock up our guns? YES!!! Should we have to? NO!! Go get a job and buy your own damn guns if you want one and don't take mine. If your a thug and have to steal one then don't kick in my door because you just saved the tax payers your prison time!!! :mad:

Agree and disagree my friend. Should we lock up our guns? YES!!! Should we have to? NO!! Go get a job and buy your own damn guns if you want one and don't take mine. If your a thug and have to steal one then don't kick in my door because you just saved the tax payers your prison time!!! :mad:
I concur. I don't want it to be legislated, just common sense to secure them IMO.

I agree on responsibly storing firearms. I also agree that nobody has the right to tell me HOW to responsibly store my private property that poses no risk to anyone else UNLESS someone has broken the law by illegally entering my home. There are no incompetent adults or children in my home and my locked doors indicate that I am not inviting random people into my residence. Firearms storage can range from safe to gun lock to simply being placed out of sight, and it's my choice to make. Now, if I had incompetent adults or children under a certain age/maturity level, it would behoove me to change my storage strategy, as I have in the past when my son was young and inquisitive, however, I also used the Massad Ayoob theory of "gun proof your children", and that worked wonders.

Yet we hear of LEOs having weapons stolen from their vehicles or have left them in bathrooms on sinks or around toilets. These guys are supposed to be highly trained professionals but still screw up. So they expect the untrained civilian to be better than they are? If I have my weapons locked up in my house they are secured as best as I can provide for. Gun vaults get chains wrapped around them and yanked out of houses, what do you do then?

Careful for what you ask for, they may just take the truck and all.

Maybe my friend but it is just a object and insured so if they want it that bad they can have it! I will risk my life for close friends and loved ones but for a truck MEH not worth it. Collect the insurance and move on with life. Don't get me wrong I'd be pissed, but.

It's pretty lame when LEOs try to blame ordinary citizens for their failures.
It's outright DISGUSTING that cops want to publicize this when they have their own house to clean up. The gun used by an illegal alien to kill Kate Steinle was stolen from a law enforcement vehicle. And in Maricopa County, the new DEMOCRAT sheriff seems to be unable to secure weapons, while he blames the previous sheriff.

We humans have some peculiar traits—but blaming the messenger has to be one of the strangest. The cops are alerting the public to what is a public safety issue and asking the folks to at least safeguard their firearms. Burglars and thieves love the gun owners that believe their responsibility to secure their weapon(s) stops by locking the doors. My guns are secure only in my locked gun safe or on my person; otherwise, they're only safeguarded.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top