JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So here is a question for you Arizona guys. In another thread you mentioned getting mirage's and that it stops you from shooting long distance by a certain time of day. While I get that and it makes perfect sense. What do our boys in the middle east do? I mean the enemy doesn't stop and you must carry out your mission right? I mean there must be something that helps with this.
Doesn't stop you, per se... it's just a reality to be dealt with. It has a learning curve, and it's a really steep one, (for me, anyway). The real problems occur when mirage is super heavy.

Bottom line is It's frustrating to deal with, plus the heat, so most pack it up, including me. Shooting accurately through heavy mirage is a more advanced skill set to develop, and I still consider myself a beginner.

Military snipers practice it and deal with it more than I do, so I'd think they are a whole lot better at reading and hitting targets through mirage.

Admittedly, Im more of a fair weather long range shooter right now. LOL!

Here's something for you to review:

Nope.

Lol!

Last time I tried to shoot through bad mirage was last summer. There's just too much for me to deal with shooting in the heat, to add that on RN. Sweat in your eyes, impact change from load development etc from cooler weather, higher chamber pressure, hot everything, even cotton feels like you just pulled an iron off it, wind blows and it feels like someone pointing a blow dryer at you. That's pretty much when I decided:

"Hmmm, I'm actually a fair weather long range shooter. Whelp, hats off to those guys that have to shoot in this crap, I'm heading for the air conditioning!!"

I just use the fire restrictions for my excuse to not die in the desert.

LMAO!!
I knew there was another stress!! Risk of getting caught!

Hahaha!
Seriously, I was shooting in an area already burned by fire. (August, monsoon) The only thing there catching on fire was actually... ME!!
Hypothetically speaking of course. This was all in a dream.

I would never break the law.

I took an empty case by air from Nevada to Dulles. It went across the baggage counter at Reno, but I had to go to a small room to claim it at Dulles because it apparently was of such a size that it could not go around the baggage carousel. Just something you might want to consider...

I don't think mine counts. I finally got my Sightmark Citadel 5-30x56 scope mounted on my Parker Hale .308. I have no idea when I will be able to take it someplace to try some long range shots (I honestly don't know what kind of accuracy this rifle will have with a 24" barrel).

I don't think mine counts. I finally got my Sightmark Citadel 5-30x56 scope mounted on my Parker Hale .308. I have no idea when I will be able to take it someplace to try some long range shots (I honestly don't know what kind of accuracy this rifle will have with a 24" barrel).

View attachment 4538

Whats the twist rate on that bad boy? I'm guessing it isn't going to be horrible. If you find the magic bullet weight I'm sure you can reach out and touch something even if its not 1000 yards it will get you in the game.

Whats the twist rate on that bad boy? I'm guessing it isn't going to be horrible. If you find the magic bullet weight I'm sure you can reach out and touch something even if its not 1000 yards it will get you in the game.

I have no idea what the twist rate is. Some forums say 1:10, other say 1:12, and yet others say 1:14.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top