JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, the lighting wasn't the greatest for the "group photo"... on the onset of this thread, I thought it would be easiest to show them in a group photo... May have to do individual pictures at a later time.
So here they are. From bottom left to top left, all are 300 win mags Christensen Arms Ridgeland, Fierce CT Edge, Ruger RPR, Custom R700 LR, and R700 Sendero, (which needs a new scope). From bottom right to top right, R700 LR 30-06, R700 Sendero 264 win mag, Savage M10 308, Savage M110 338 Lapua, Christensen Arms BA Tactical 338 Lapua.

IMG_20190701_2213543_rewind_kindlephoto-119681774.jpg

Now, to haul them all back to the safe...

Well, the lighting wasn't the greatest for the "group photo"... on the onset of this thread, I thought it would be easiest to show them in a group photo... May have to do individual pictures at a later time.
So here they are. From bottom left to top left, all are 300 win mags Christensen Arms Ridgeland, Fierce CT Edge, Ruger RPR, Custom R700 LR, and R700 Sendero, (which needs a new scope). From bottom right to top right, R700 LR 30-06, R700 Sendero 264 win mag, Savage M10 308, Savage M110 338 Lapua, Christensen Arms BA Tactical 338 Lapua.

View attachment 4466

Now, to haul them all back to the safe...
NICE collection. Glad I only have a pistol addiction. I've only just tasted the long range with my new Sabatii .308.

Yep and If your doing it right the rifle is only 1/3 of the cost. Glass is a biotch especially when you start getting older and the eye's aren't like they were:s0092:

Ain't that the unfortunate truth!

Anyone looking to break into this addiction on a budget should look into the Vortex Diamondback tactical 6-24X50. About 400.00 out of optics planet. Decent glass for the price. I have 2 now and soon to have a 3rd for that Sendero 300.

Ain't that the unfortunate truth!

Anyone looking to break into this addiction on a budget should look into the Vortex Diamondback tactical 6-24X50. About 400.00 out of optics planet. Decent glass for the price. I have 2 now and soon to have a 3rd for that Sendero 300.

I have the Vortex Viper on my Tikka and its getting upgraded soon. I'll keep it and put it on another rifle but the Tikka deserves either Leupold or night force!

I guess that means I will need to buy a new rifle for the old scope!o_O

I have the Vortex Viper on my Tikka and its getting upgraded soon. I'll keep it and put it on another rifle but the Tikka deserves either Leupold or night force!

I guess that means I will need to buy a new rifle for the old scope!o_O

Tikka? I see no Tikka? :s0033:

Which Viper? I have a Viper PST Gen 2 on one of mine, nice scope.

Ooohhh... I your looking to buy a new rifle for it, I have a few suggestions to help you spend your money!!!:s0132:

I'm with you on MOA. Our problem is being raised with MOA, and practiced at using it.
MRAD is supposed to actually be simpler math, but you gotta think all metric, converting back to imperial or standard will warp you quick. Also helps if everyone you're shooting with is on the same system.

So here is a question for you Arizona guys. In another thread you mentioned getting mirage's and that it stops you from shooting long distance by a certain time of day. While I get that and it makes perfect sense. What do our boys in the middle east do? I mean the enemy doesn't stop and you must carry out your mission right? I mean there must be something that helps with this.

Beautiful guns guys! I'm just starting to get into the long range stuff with these two builds.

LaRue Tactical AR10
  • .308 Caliber
  • 18" Barrel
  • Vortex Viper PST 5x25-50mm Gen 2 Scope
  • LaRue LT204 QD Scope Mount
I was planning an Aero M5 build, researching every component in detail. After weighing my options it made more sense to order a LaRue kit. Need to get a bi-pod and probably a different stock. Hoping to reach out to 1000 yards with this rifle.

58007806986__95A9AD1A-29E9-465F-9FA6-CC26D5A8135D.JPG

Home Built AR15
  • 5.56/.223 Caliber
  • Tactical Ordnance 18.5" SS Heavy Barrel 1/8th Octagonal Rifling
  • Aero M4E1 Upper
  • Aero M4E1 Handguard
  • KE Arms DMR Trigger
  • Vortex Crossfire 2 4-12x50mm Scope
  • Magpul Bi-Pod
  • Magpul PRS Gen 3 Stock
This gun started out as my bump saw build, I turned it into this after the bump stock ban. Went with this barrel only due to the heavy profile, turns out it's actually more accurate than I am right now. Looking forward to getting more trigger time and seeing what this can do.

IMG_8858.jpg

Beautiful guns guys! I'm just starting to get into the long range stuff with these two builds.

LaRue Tactical AR10
  • .308 Caliber
  • 18" Barrel
  • Vortex Viper PST 5x25-50mm Gen 2 Scope
I was planning an Aero M5 build, researching every component in detail. After weighing my options it made more sense to order a LaRue kit. Need to get a bi-pod and probably a different stock. Hoping to reach out to 1000 yards with this rifle.

View attachment 4491

Home Built AR15
  • 5.56/.223 Caliber
  • Tactical Ordnance 18.5" SS Heavy Barrel 1/8th Octagonal Rifling
  • Aero M4E1 Upper
  • Aero M4E1 Handguard
  • KE Arms DMR Trigger
  • Vortex Crossfire 2 4-12x50mm Scope
  • Magpul Bi-Pod
  • Magpul PRS Gen 3 Stock
This gun started out as my bump saw build, I turned it into this after the bump stock ban. Went with this barrel only due to the heavy profile, turns out it's actually more accurate than I am right now. Looking forward to getting more trigger time and seeing what this can do.

View attachment 4489

Joe whats the farthest you have shot either of them?

So here is a question for you Arizona guys. In another thread you mentioned getting mirage's and that it stops you from shooting long distance by a certain time of day. While I get that and it makes perfect sense. What do our boys in the middle east do? I mean the enemy doesn't stop and you must carry out your mission right? I mean there must be something that helps with this.
We don't necessarily stop shooting.
It just gives us a ready excuse for our poor shooting! LOL

About the best you can do is watch the moving target, and make your decision about where you thing the target actually is. It's amazing how much it appears to move! If there's no wind and it's boiling, you generally aim for the low point the target moves from - which is usually the placement with no mirage. If you choose the higher point, you usually sail the round right over the target. If there's a stiff breeze and still shimmering, you get to make that decision on both axis.

But then again, I am certainly no expert!

New Resource Reviews

Back Top