JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pshhhh!!

What? No Cabot? No Chambers? No Ed Brown? No Nighthawk? Jardine? Pistol Dynamics?
No Heirloom?
The last one is local to us!
And you say you got it bad...
I'd say you haven't got it bad enough!!

I have a Nighthawk on order, it's about 90 days into the build. A T4 with a DLC slide over stainless, I like a good two-tone :p

Ed Brown, I hate those guys, long story but I could be convinced to pick up a pre-loved Kobra Carry or Executive Carry in 9mm if one ever showed up for sale.

Yost, Heirloom, Chen, Chambers, Cabot, Bunker, nah, not for me... and isn't the Pistol Dynamics, isn't that the guy that stole everyone's money?

I manage to spend too much on my addictions already without all the help you guys are trying to give me! I am trying to stop buying new guns and stock up on ammo for the future for awhile. The next (D) that gets in the White House will scream about gun control and drive the pricing for guns and ammo back up. I am just trying to soften the blow.

I'm trying to do the same thing. Reloading supplies are what I am focusing on. If all goes to hell I want to be able to show them the meaning of the word!!

You guys are amateurs, I have the 1911 bug bad and what is Zoid doing here on a Southwest forum ??

I'mma stalkin yo fuzzy butt . . . . .

Dang, now I've been busted. I've been laying back a bit waiting for someone to call me out.

There's something wrong with y'all....
And I'm worried it's contagious!

Duner, you gots no idea . . . . . . .

We welcome anyone that loves guns and the 2A, if fact we need more "Zoids" IMO.

All I can say is . . . . . . . . .

Pandora's box.jpeg

I have a Nighthawk on order, it's about 90 days into the build. A T4 with a DLC slide over stainless, I like a good two-tone :p

Ed Brown, I hate those guys, long story but I could be convinced to pick up a pre-loved Kobra Carry or Executive Carry in 9mm if one ever showed up for sale.

Yost, Heirloom, Chen, Chambers, Cabot, Bunker, nah, not for me... and isn't the Pistol Dynamics, isn't that the guy that stole everyone's money?

Dare I break out ZOIDS1911?

UH YES!!!! Pics or it doesn't exist!!!

Oh yeah, here they are . . . . . . .

A little something I put together from parts. You see, for the longest time I was really afraid of working on my 1911's. I heard all the stories . . . Guys starting out with a really nice gun, and ending up with a box of expensive parts . . . . .

Well, I'm not the sharpest fool in the shed, so I STARTED with the box of expensive parts, and ended up with this . . . . . . .

The P. C. Zoid build . . . . Phineas C. Zoid that is . . . . . . .

PC Zoid.JPG

PCZoid-grips-final - 01.JPG

PCZoid-grips-final - 02.JPG

PCZoid-grips-final - 04.JPG

PCZoid-grips-final - 05.JPG

PCZoid-grips-final - 06.JPG

PCZoid-grips-final - 08.JPG

New and Old...very cool.

I was going for a modern / vintage fusion. I loved the "patina" on that old Colt slide. It is from an early Hartford built, Argentinian Contract Colt. The serial number on the slide is 1991. .

If it could have only been "1911" . . . . .

Anyway, I saw this slide for sale on GB, and just had to have it.

IMG_20171106_164456.jpg

Anyway, the slide was born in 1927, the frame - from JEM Guns in Texas, was made for me in 2017. A 90 year journey from birth to completion on this gun.

With the striated "finish" on the slide, the JEM skip line checkering of the front strap, those gray / white G10 Frag grips brought the whole gun together.

Hard to believe my first choice for grips on this one were Challis coral grips . . . . . .

Z

In an attempt to atone for my sins of posting a long gun here are some 1911s.
1st photo my Colt officers model with King Comp barrel and Metalifed with my Colt Delta Elite with the Marvel .22 Cal conversion on it and an outback suppressor.
2nd photo .38 Super on a Titanium Capisian frame, Robar finished slide and Night Sights. (Very quiet with 158 gr subsonic loads and suppressor)
3rd Photo Para Ordnance marked 10th Special Forces Group.
4th and 5th Photo 1911 I carried on deployment with 10th Special Forces and the Match Bushing they ordered for the 25 guns I rebuilt for the Command Staff.

22 cal pisols 006.jpg

38 Super.jpg

Arch's  2010 004.jpg

1911 10th bushing.JPG

1911 10th_LI.jpg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top