JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
PHOENIX – A customer pulled a gun and shot a man who police say had jumped over the counter of a Phoenix pharmacy and pointed a gun at people while demanding opioids.

Authorities didn't fault the customer, saying he was in the right place at the right time to stop the armed robbery attempt Tuesday night, police Sgt. Jonathan Howard said.

The suspect has been identified as 30-year-old Stephen Holguin, but police didn't immediately release any other information on him.

Howard said the customer has been interviewed and released pending further investigation, but has declined to be identified or participate in media interviews at this time.

Pharmacy customer shoots armed man demanding opioids

If he wasn't arrested on the scene, that speaks volumes that this will most likely be ruled justified. This nice thing is under AZ law the family of the deceased thug cannot sure for civil damages - "no civil liability for a justified act".

My old geometry teacher told me back when he was a pharmacist, he used to keep a bottle
of quaaludes by the cash register, then if a crook came into his store, he would just toss the
bottle to the guy and that would be the end of it--I'd like to see him pull that off with the DEA now

New Resource Reviews

Back Top