JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
screw them. they need to keep the babies off pot and prescribe the right medication and treatment as they're supposed to. People need to get their heads on the right things and out of their donkeys! This country would be a lot better off.

So targetshooter, et al., when your personal physician begins asking you, your wife and your loved ones about firearm(s) before they will treat you?

2016: Physicians' political views may affect medical care, according to a new study published online October 3 in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The review authors contend that some physicians are not asking patients about access to guns because of concerns that such questions may be illegal. In fact, "no federal or state statute prohibits physicians from asking about firearms when such information is relevant to the health of the patient or others...,"

2018:
Editors of the Annals of Internal Medicine recently urged physicians to sign a formal pledge committing to having conversations with their patients about firearms. So far more than 1000 physicians have signed on.

The editors cite data showing that people who commit firearm violence often have notable risk factors that bring them into contact with physicians. Doctors who take the pledge commit to talking to their patients about firearms, counseling them on safe behaviors, and taking further action when danger is imminent. (read as Extreme Risk Protective Orders)

So targetshooter, et al., when your personal physician begins asking you, your wife and your loved ones about firearm(s) before they will treat you?

2016: Physicians' political views may affect medical care, according to a new study published online October 3 in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The review authors contend that some physicians are not asking patients about access to guns because of concerns that such questions may be illegal. In fact, "no federal or state statute prohibits physicians from asking about firearms when such information is relevant to the health of the patient or others...,"

2018:
Editors of the Annals of Internal Medicine recently urged physicians to sign a formal pledge committing to having conversations with their patients about firearms. So far more than 1000 physicians have signed on.

The editors cite data showing that people who commit firearm violence often have notable risk factors that bring them into contact with physicians. Doctors who take the pledge commit to talking to their patients about firearms, counseling them on safe behaviors, and taking further action when danger is imminent. (read as Extreme Risk Protective Orders)

hey, hero, if you hadn't noticed i'm not a kid? Stop acting the fool and trying to start stupid arguments. Most of the doctors I have are gun owners, so your point(s) are moot and pointless. Find something else to moan about.

And just for the record, if my docs ever ask me about being a gun owner, or start lecturing me on owning them, I will become an impatient patient and will be changing doctors, because just as with you, its none of their freaking business.

hey, hero, if you hadn't noticed i'm not a kid? Stop acting the fool and trying to start stupid arguments. Most of the doctors I have are gun owners, so your point(s) are moot and pointless. Find something else to moan about.

And just for the record, if my docs ever ask me about being a gun owner, or start lecturing me on owning them, I will become an impatient patient and will be changing doctors, because just as with you, its none of their freaking business.

Targetshooter, I have reread my post addressed towards you, et al., and I am terribly sorry but I did not see anywhere I presumed, or attempted to lead anyone to presume, you are a juvenile.

However, with that stated, your completely out of the blue tirade, could possibly lead any reader to leap to that conclusion since your wording and playground taunts are completely outside of a response any adult would state towards another adult, especially since my commentary, which you took extremely personal, was not directed towards you per se., but rather stated for informational purposes as this issue is in fact becoming the norm within the entire medical community not just the pediatrician field!

Further, ERPO(s) are already a fact of law in 5 states and physician(s) who perceive, real or imagined, self harm or harm to another can instigate an ERPO with LEs and citizens can have their firearms confiscated.

Targetshooter, I have reread my post addressed towards you, et al., and I am terribly sorry but I did not see anywhere I presumed, or attempted to lead anyone to presume, you are a juvenile.

However, with that stated, your completely out of the blue tirade, could possibly lead any reader to leap to that conclusion since your wording and playground taunts are completely outside of a response any adult would state towards another adult, especially since my commentary, which you took extremely personal, was not directed towards you per se., but rather stated for informational purposes as this issue is in fact becoming the norm within the entire medical community not just the pediatrician field!

Further, ERPO(s) are already a fact of law in 5 states and physician(s) who perceive, real or imagined, self harm or harm to another can instigate an ERPO with LEs and citizens can have their firearms confiscated.

wow, you missed the entire point of my comment, apart from your worthless info.

ITS NONE OF THEIR OR YOUR BUSINESS.

I HAVE THE CHOICE TO CHOOSE MY MEDICAL PROVIDERS, AND COULDNT CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT SOME NEO COMMUNIST GROUPS SAY.

READ MY RESPONSE AND SEE IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING, OR ARE YOU A DEMOCRAT?

wow, you missed the entire point of my comment, apart from your worthless info.

ITS NONE OF THEIR OR YOUR BUSINESS.

I HAVE THE CHOICE TO CHOOSE MY MEDICAL PROVIDERS, AND COULDNT CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT SOME NEO COMMUNIST GROUPS SAY.

READ MY RESPONSE AND SEE IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING, OR ARE YOU A DEMOCRAT?

You have to ask?

So now the people who recklessly prescribe dangerous drugs to our children are going to tell us what we can possess and at what age we can possess those items.

So now the people who recklessly prescribe dangerous drugs to our children are going to tell us what we can possess and at what age we can possess those items.

Alas Joefoam, that could be a real possibility and combined with ERPO statutes could make things quite interesting in the so distant future, especially if HMO/insurers climb on the anti firearm bandwagon!

CDC 2014: Across the US, 7.5 percent of children aged 6-17 take a prescribed medication to treat emotional or behavioral difficulties. Products - Data Briefs - Number 148 - April 2014

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top