JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before 911 I offered a friends Mom a ride to the airport. She was in her late 70's and had ridden out from the deep south with relatives and was going to fly home.I offered to carry her bags to the check in counter, and then see her off before I left. It was an early flight, and I did not have to be at work till 8:00 am. They call her flight, she presents her tickets, and is just about to leave.... When in her best Southern Drawl says "O'h Miss, do I need to check this with someone?" and pulls out a fully loaded 38 from her purse!
The ticket gal just about fell over! The flight crew was right behind my friends Mom, and the pilot steps up and says "How about I hold that for you, and Ill give it back when we land in Baton Rouge"!

I asked my friend what happened when she got home. He said the Pilot got her off the plane first, helped her get her luggage, took her out to her son in law's car , handed her gun back, and Thanked her for flying United!
Even back then I was surprised at how smoothly that was handled! DR

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top