Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up today!

Painted some letters on my pistol

OP
Mrjenkins
Reactions
I also touched up the blueing a bit. It had alot of muzzle wear from rubbing on holsters. I haven't shot it yet. I hope it feeds hollow points well

Reactions
ha! nice...yeah nail polish works well....my OCD self does the whole blast/prep/mask/air-brush...which with my schedule takes like a week haha

OP
Mrjenkins
Reactions
Haha, I had a crayon in my hand and paused for a minute. Turned and asked my wife what colors of nail polish she had. Doesn't it melt?

Reactions
I don't work in the auto industry and know enough to work on my truck myself. I wasn't aware of tire crayon
Have to say I had never heard of them either. I see the guys at the shop marking them, never paid attention to what they were doing. Amazon of course has them as everything :) Could find them in Yellow, red, and white, not sure if they make more colors. The one did say they were good to 130 F so as long as you are not shooting to the point of the gun getting too hot to handle may well work. My guess would be if not should not be hard to take back off. Being in the lettering I would guess it would most likely stay even when hot unless you tried to rub it out of them.

Reactions
Have to say I had never heard of them either. I see the guys at the shop marking them, never paid attention to what they were doing. Amazon of course has them as everything :) Could find them in Yellow, red, and white, not sure if they make more colors. The one did say they were good to 130 F so as long as you are not shooting to the point of the gun getting too hot to handle may well work. My guess would be if not should not be hard to take back off. Being in the lettering I would guess it would most likely stay even when hot unless you tried to rub it out of them.
I use something called a lacquer stick to re-do the numbers on combo dials,
Amazon has them too www.markal.com/solid-paint-markers/lacquer-stik/

Reactions
I use something called a lacquer stick to re-do the numbers on combo dials,
Amazon has them too www.markall.com/solid-paint-markers/lacquer-stik/
Now that looks like an even better thing to try for this.
From the product: Markal® Lacquer-Stik® Fill-In Paint Markers Specially formulated paint in stick form designed to color-brighten stamped or engraved lines and lettering. Paint stays flexible, expands and contracts with the surface. Contains no solvents. Long-lasting paint will not rub off or smear. No mess or waste, eliminates dripping brushes and paint spills.
Sounds like it's made for just this.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Big Sandy Shoot
Northwestern Arizona
Wikieup, AZ 85360, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS