JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, that is really cool. Thanks for sharing. Kind of reminds me of the Anza-Borrego desert in Kali....... Very beautiful and so quiet at night (no shooting there, though :rolleyes:).

Great pics! I used to live in Lake Havasu City and shot at the Kingman Gun Club near McConnico. I'd like to retire there in a couple years. Here in the Phoenix area I belong to the Phoenix Rod & Gun Club. We have rifle out to 500 yards, and several handgun ranges. I do miss the desert however. We use to take the bike ride from Havasu to Oatman, then take the Oatman Road down through the mountain to McConnico. Then jump on I-40 back to Lake Havasu. That was a nice ride in the cooler weather. We had a couple of 3-Wheelers back then and would go from our garage up to Crossman Peak. There were a lot of trails on the BLM land back there.

I would love to take my .50 BMG up to Kingman and spend the day there. I know they now have improved the place quite a bit, and have a 1,000 yard range there. Steve Bell is the current President. We used to shoot Trap with him and his wife Linda at the old Bullhead City Gun Club before they closed it up. Spent many a Saturday and Sunday there, and at the Lake Havasu City Sportsman Club shooting clay.

Thanks. When first retired back in 1991, had street and dirt bikes and used to take that same circular route as yours, was a good curvy and twisty ride from Oatman to I-40. Then most every late afternoon would ride up to Oatman for a brew, those were nice rides. SWR, made me give up the bikes, she said I was forgeting to put my feet down when I stopped, so now it is 4 wheel ATV only.

They have newer range in BHC now, but have never been there. Have been one time to the range by McConnico, went to see if I might be inerested in the CAS and such. Decided I wasn't and never went back.

We lived in Glendale for a few years back in the 1960s. I worked at the Reynolds Aluminum extrusion plant as a millwright/mechanic.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top