JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If stored in a cool , (under 90 degree) , dry place black powder does not deteriorate. I know of 75 year old powder that still shoots fine. Most of the old black powder just shoots a little dirtier than new black powder. If you know it's storage history , you should not have any problem.

I had some Powder that My Grand Dad had put in storage in 1941 and forgot all about it! I found it last summer and it was still as good as the day it was put away!

How much of it do you have?
It can be disposed of super easy, fill the container with Water and let it sit for a few min, then pour it out in the flower beds around the edges!

Or, make a nice long thin line of if and carefully set it off, careful, it will flash off a lot more vigorously then Smokeless!

If stored in a cool , (under 90 degree) , dry place black powder does not deteriorate. I know of 75 year old powder that still shoots fine. Most of the old black powder just shoots a little dirtier than new black powder. If you know it's storage history , you should not have any problem.

From the EOD side, black powder never expires, it is hygroscopic but when it dries back out it is still VERY functional. Civil War munitions go off all the time after they are dug up and mishandled. Properly stored as others here have stated, No Problems.

Yup, still good! The powder flask still works perfectly as well!
20180402_155007.jpg

Thank you,never pays to be cautious

I'm not sure you meant what you wrote...

LOL!

Load er up an light er off!!!

But do come back and let us know how it all worked out!!

Hahaha!

If it's black powder, it'll be ok. It's not clumped is it?
If it got wet, maybe try it in slightly reduced load. After being wet and drying out, an increase in velocity will be noted...

Make sure you aren't talking about Pyrodex...
Not sure that would still be good...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top