JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay. So first off I'll admit my own stupidity of mangling these bushings so badly. I want to keep these grips and would feel wasteful if I were to trash them. My other 1911 needs grips and I have these. I have no idea how the bushings were so locked up onto the screws. But would a drill help me here? I really want to save these grips.

20190629_141340.jpg

20190629_141327.jpg

Going to be tough to get those screws out with out damage!
Best bet is to take the Allen key and use it to hold the screw and from the back side, grind in the screws so you can then drill! One or two look like you can grab them with vice grips, that might save some effort! Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking too. I have had these in a drawer for months thinking about the easiest way to remove them. Those grips were on my para expert and were locked up like that from the factory.

Well I got them off. Really wasn't that bad except my hand hurts. I used a dremel with a little drill bit. And drilled through the head and lightly wobbled the drill bit on super high speed. Taking breaks to let it cool. The grip screw heads just popped off with a mini wrench. Glad I could salvage them. I don't like throwing my gun stuff away.

20190705_165710.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a para and those are the stock grips. Not worth anything but I like para stuff. Plus they got bought out by Remington so aren't made anymore. More sentiment then anything

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top