JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Home - NRL 22 Long range competition with .22 Rifles. Some targets are 1/4 inch or out to 200 yards. A lot of fun. Next match is 10 February. Enough shooters to make it fun and GREAT weather first time shooting my oldest 10-22. GREAT TIME

I shot a .22LR match, once. I watched the bullet exit the barrel, and fall low and left. Shot after shot, low and left but never a trace right-on enough to make a tight group. I decided the ignition and charge in the shells was just too inconsistent to get any real accuracy out of such ammo. My custom-built rifle that shoots my own mildcat design prints under 0.200" at 100 yards. To go from that to a 1.5-inch group at 50 yards was just too much to keep shooting .22LR ammo. I last fired that gun in March of 2010. I spent $1600 building it, and gave it away free & clear in January of 2017. Don't miss it one bit...

I shot a .22LR match, once. I watched the bullet exit the barrel, and fall low and left. Shot after shot, low and left but never a trace right-on enough to make a tight group. I decided the ignition and charge in the shells was just too inconsistent to get any real accuracy out of such ammo. My custom-built rifle that shoots my own mildcat design prints under 0.200" at 100 yards. To go from that to a 1.5-inch group at 50 yards was just too much to keep shooting .22LR ammo. I last fired that gun in March of 2010. I spent $1600 building it, and gave it away free & clear in January of 2017. Don't miss it one bit...

Something sounds wrong! I have several .22 lr rifles that will group into 1/2" at 50 yds regularly and on a good day will occasionally cut that to 3/8".

There is a reason that so many match guns are made in .22lr. DR

I'd suspect it's the lack of recoil, and that .22LR matches are usually 32.8 feet in international competition.
I was wrong. Looked-up "Olympic rifle matches" and saw that rifle and pistol matches are held at 10, 25 and 50 meters. I'm guessing the pistol matches are held at 10 meters. Shooting just ten meters with a powder-propelled rifle would lead to umpteen groups almost too small to measure at such a level of expertise and with rifles of such extreme accuracy. My opinion about the lack of recoil shall stay in place...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top