JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I walked into a gun store last weekend asking about thermal scopes - and you would have thought I was telling the guy I was going to assassinate every politician in the country, Santa Clause, and the Pope too. He was kind of freaking out about it, and I didn't have a clue why. Is there something going on about scopes that I am somehow ignorant about?

It's those extra nasty AR super sniper rifle scopes mounted on those extra deadly short barreled high caliber sniper rifles carried only by Military operators!

They would really sh!tz their trousers to learn my vintage 1967 top secret Auto Ranging and ballistic compensating scopes are installed on a few rifles in my hanger! Boy, these idiots haven't a clue!

They are after scopes like this, scopes that take all the guessing and math out of the problem of long range shooting!
Never mine it still takes exceptional skill to actually use one to any effect!
1567824573157.png

Is there something going on about scopes that I am somehow ignorant about?
It's the app referenced in the article. I'd have to read it again for greater comprehension, but privacy experts argue it gives away too much of the users' private information. Uncle Benevolence wants that information-- that's the problem.

After doing some reading, (whether the story is true or not is a different question) some US consumer grade Thermal/NVG equipment is being used by insurgents against us in the Middle East hot zones. This equipment uses phone apps that are registered and downloaded online to US users only because of ITAR restrictions. So apparently these downloaded in the US apps are appearing on the battlefield - and they want to get the people responsible. That's the "convenient" story.

Whether it's actually true is certainly subject to speculation. But you know darn well that it will be used as yet another place to try and leverage the 2A out of existence.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top