JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love and shoot pretty much all of the mainstream defense gun calibers, but over the years, forty has risen to be my preferred defense caliber... especially when launched from my STI Edge.

P1010136-Edit.jpg

Here's to a brilliant future for this forum. I was an active member of NorthWest firearms when I lived in Washington State, but now, as a resident of Arizona, I'm happy to see this one.

I work up in Scottsdale. About a mile away from Scottsdale Gun Club. Like that STI, slick looking 1911. I've only held one, but really liked the way the double stack filled out my hand. Had to put Hogue grips on my 1911 because it just felt skinny.

I work up in Scottsdale. About a mile away from Scottsdale Gun Club. Like that STI, slick looking 1911. I've only held one, but really liked the way the double stack filled out my hand. Had to put Hogue grips on my 1911 because it just felt skinny.

Yes, the double stack grip wonderfully fills the hand and spreads out the recoil (what little there is with the Edge) really nicely. This is a heavy gun, with the full length dust cover and heavy barrel. It makes launching hot forty caliber rounds feel like you're shooting 9mm target loads. Very quick return to target. Shooting the STI Edge feels like you're shooting a pistol built by Rolls Royce - it's an amazing gun.

Most single stack pistols feel too skinny in my hand. I love double stacks for the higher capacity and how well they fill out the hand, handling recoil better than skinny guns do.

SIG's P320 has an awesome grip that really fills out the hand nicely, as well. This one is in .40S&W, as well:
IMG_2209.jpg

Last Edited:
Thanks Joe... I'm looking forward to this forum becoming as active as NWFA.

Same here! It's a lot more difficult to get the word out when I'm not down there. I'd like to make a couple trips this fall to hand out cards at the gun shows. We'll see :)

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top