JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hooray now we can finally put the Sig arm brace for shoulder. It just cannot be modified. You still have to be able to put it on your arm, through the brace. I think I have to keep my extra arm brace now just so I can put it on an AR pistol.

Remember in the ATF letter states that if you buy the brace with the intention of using it as a stock you are changing the pistol to a illegal SBR. It's all totally stupid, but I think that eventually all braces might be banned because of their "misuse". I think that the NFA should be banned so a SBR,SBS or a full autos are as legal as any other firearm.I personally think that braces no matter how stock like they are look totally stupid and are a obvious go around of existing law.

The entire idea of a brace vs SBR is silly.
I get that they want to control select fire weapons.
Why control SBRs?
I don't want the feds to control full autos. What part of controlling them do you get? The bad guys have plenty of them why should the law abiding be submitted to high cost and regulation? The NFA is unnecessary and useless anyway.

The NFA is certainly worthless at controlling anything when it comes to criminals and terrorists....
It works good at wealth redistribution by taxing people who are willing to pay for it.

The NFA is certainly worthless at controlling anything when it comes to criminals and terrorists....
It works good at wealth redistribution by taxing people who are willing to pay for it.
$200.00 in not all that much when spending well over $1000.00 for a factory built SBR. I'd rather be legal(stamp) than worry about a interpretation of a rule or a law that may or may not benefit me.

See....
We are programmed to be OK with what amounts to a 20% tax to exercise our Constitutionally guaranteed rights.

We should push to require a poll tax to exercise our right to vote!
You know.... Spreading the love. If it's OK to tax one right, why not all of them?

See....
We are programmed to be OK with what amounts to a 20% tax to exercise our Constitutionally guaranteed rights.

We should push to require a poll tax to exercise our right to vote!
You know.... Spreading the love. If it's OK to tax one right, why not all of them?
I don't know why you want to bust my chops and make statements as if I like to be taxed. I have stated that I think that NFA is unnecessary and I also think that it is unconstitutional. I was just trying to say that the tax isn't all that bad, it's the principle behind it I hate. I'm as far from a programmed sheeple as one can get!

I don't know why you want to bust my chops and make statements as if I like to be taxed. I have stated that I think that NFA is unnecessary and I also think that it is unconstitutional. I was just trying to say that the tax isn't all that bad, it's the principle behind it I hate. I'm as far from a programmed sheeple as one can get!
I am certainly not busting YOUR chops. I am saying that we citizens need to try harder to get our Constitutiinal rights to all be treated equally. As gun owners - we've ended up being penalized whenever possible for exercising those rights. WE are programmed to accept it right now. Nobody likes to be taxed.... But we shouldn't HAVE to pay a tax to exercise our rights.

I agree completely, sorry if I took your response personally. With the current administration and supreme court it's our best chance to push back. The removal of suppressors from the NFA list is a start. Hopefully from there we can get SBRs and SBSs off the list. You are correct that we shouldn't have to pay a tax or a fee for our constitutional right to bear arms!

I just wanted to make sure you knew I wasn't trying to bust your chops..... they got my money $200 at a time too.

And yes, I do agree with you. The current administration and new arrangement of the SCOTUS is the best chance we've had in forever to get some stuff off the list. The anti-gun zealots want to make our lives as difficult as possible because they want to abolish the 2A. I know..... preaching to the choir. LOL

In 1934 $200 was a lot of money, and the first draft of the NFA had all handguns included. For me it still is. ;)
True it was equal to $3,658.00 in 1934 and it's purpose was to only allow people with wealth to own class three firearms. $200.00 or even $1.00 is still a lot of money to pay for a constitutional right today(that we shouldn't have to pay or register for). All I'm trying to say if you want a true SBR,SBS at this time you have to fill out the paperwork and pay a unconstitutional Tax and get a stamp.

I find it odd that we've been getting favorable rulings the last couple of years (at least it seems like we have).

I'd sure like to see the laws changed to re-open gun rights on the Federal level. Then, State by State!
Ive never had any real desire to own much less shoot any short-barreled long arms. My experience with the 12" bbl 5.56 cured me of that! (Can we say "Excessive flash and muzzle-blast"?). Removing still more onerous anti-freedom gun laws is a good thing in my book, regardless of my own consumer choices.
Ever wonder why a rifle can run 16" but a shottie must be 18"? Or why a pistol may not have a useful buttstock without being licensed as a "rifle"? Or why "full-auto" weapons are denied average citizens? Are "They" REALLY that afraid of the citizenry, AKA "We The People"??

In 1934 $200 was a lot of money, and the first draft of the NFA had all handguns included. For me it still is. ;)

The $200 figure in 1934 was taken from the then current retail price of a Thompson. That's $3,635 in
today's dollars. I'll take 2 at that price! We didn't get in this hole overnight. Taking suppressors
off the NFA list would be a start. Removing SBS/SBR would be a logical step. Leaving full auto on the
list might be necessary---but only as a lever to repeal the Hughes Amendment to the 1986 FOPA.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top