JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone, my name is Iowa as that is where I am a transplant from. I've been in Phoenix for about 12 years now. I did security for around 8 years, most of that armed, though a pair of incidents back to back found me with PTSD and no desire to carry or shoot for some time. It's been about 3 years now and I finally want to get back into it. I went out south of Mobile a couple weeks ago and finally shot my guns for the first time in those 3 years.

I'm a father of one little boy, and a daughter on the way. I'm an Orthodox Christian and a theocratic monarchist, though politics aren't much my thing anymore.

Hope to meet some cool people here.

Welcome to the Forum! Note the resources tab on the menu bar. you can find places to shoot or shop that members have posted. It's far from complete and since you are new, it is now your job to post something about a resource you liked!

Cheers!

Welcome. Enjoy the forum! FWIW I'm also of the Orthodox (Russian) tho not practicing these days....
I relate to backing away from shooting and guns after a traumatic experience. We all react to and recover from these things in our own ways and in our own time. Personally I havent acquired a firearm since a morning in February, 2019. My interests have focused on internet reading, esp forums, and collecting knives... Eventually I'll probably go out shooting or even hunting, again... meanwhile, I'll mess around with my bowie knives...

Welcome. Enjoy the forum! FWIW I'm also of the Orthodox (Russian) tho not practicing these days....
I relate to backing away from shooting and guns after a traumatic experience. We all react to and recover from these things in our own ways and in our own time. Personally I havent acquired a firearm since a morning in February, 2019. My interests have focused on internet reading, esp forums, and collecting knives... Eventually I'll probably go out shooting or even hunting, again... meanwhile, I'll mess around with my bowie knives...
It's always great to see another Orthobro in the wild.

I had a favorite spot in Marana and when out for dove season and there were homes everywhere, across the street. I sat there in my truck and the farmer who leases the ground I usually shoot on told me in 2 years all of his fields would be homes. I looked at him and said kinda hard to make a living. His reply I went back to school because this after 5 generations is going away. Sad to hear.

Glad to hear your a responsible person in the wild. I get strange looks for policing my area and carrying out more trash than I bought.

I get strange looks for policing my area and carrying out more trash than I bought.
My guess is you were born in the 1950s. We were taught in grade school in the early 1960s about picking-up our own trash and putting it into garbage cans. We were also taught to pick-up a few more pieces that were in near-proximity to the trash can and to place those in the garbage can. I still do that to this day. Young people look at me like I'm some kind of nutcase for picking-up somebody else's trash. Let 'em. I was taught that almost 60 years ago. It's a part of my mind that will never go away...

1951 to be exact

Yes the teaching of the parents. Mine were stricter than some but as I got older I understood.
Asked to borrow Mom''s car to go to out door rock festival.
Mid Iowa to Batavia New York, dad convinced me that $180 dollars was not enough for a trip that long. They never said I could not go.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top