JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I will be relocating to Arizona this next Spring and Joe Link reminded me that NWFA has a sister site at SWFA. Of course I had to sign on here.

Just a bit about me... My name is Michael, I have a few firearms and am a staunch 2A supporter. I am also a veteran having served in the USAF from 1972 - 1976, primarily in the Strategic Air Command.

I am looking forward to reading the threads here on SWFA and contributing where I can.

Oh...here's a few pics from the armory.

20180201_182228_zpsqztah777.jpg

Laser%2001_zps50mioifm.jpg

021817%2001_zpshm4pxrol.jpg

SA1911%2012_zpsj9s1lspk.jpg

20180302_102017_zpskfjdn7vc.jpg

20180302_101700_zpsggirgtok.jpg

SA%20Trophy%2003_zps8czn93mv.jpg

I will be relocating to Arizona this next Spring and Joe Link reminded me that NWFA has a sister site at SWFA. Of course I had to sign on here.

Just a bit about me... My name is Michael, I have a few firearms and am a staunch 2A supporter. I am also a veteran having served in the USAF from 1972 - 1976, primarily in the Strategic Air Command.

I am looking forward to reading the threads here on SWFA and contributing where I can.

Oh...here's a few pics from the armory.

View attachment 6256

View attachment 6257

View attachment 6258

View attachment 6259

View attachment 6260

View attachment 6261

View attachment 6262
Welcome to the BEST state in the Union for 2A support. Where are you thinking about settling down?

We haven't decided on a specific area just yet. We are familiar with the Phoenix area as we have family in Fountain Hills plus my wife's mother lived in Mesa for some years.

We are coming down at the end of November and will be lining up some home tours in Flagstaff, Prescott, Wickenburg, Surprise & Apache Junction to start. From there we'll see what else they pull up between now and the end of November.

I am a Native Oregonian but am more than ready to move on from this overtaxed, over sensitive and overtly anti-2A state.

Welcome fellow Airman, glad to have ya join us here!
@11Charlie and I will be in Az over the holidays, let ether of us know when your in the area, would love to tip back a few!
I will be in Tucson the middle of next week and plan on visiting as many Gun Shops as I can find. LOL Gotta find more Colt Revolving Rifle goodness!

Fellow future refugee myself. Wife's job is in Phoenix... she starts next month, but I'm not going down permanently until next fall probably.. after kids are off to college.
See you down there!

Well, we made it!

It's been a hectic time since I last posted but as of today we have:
  • 12/2019 Visited Wickenburg, Phoenix, Peoria, Mesa, Apache Junction and all points in between on a house hunt trip. Took us 3-1/2 days to get here. Wife flew back to Portland due to business comittments and I drove back in 2 days, leaving Mesa early on a Saturday morning, traveling through Kingman, Lost Wages, UT, ID & back to Oregon. Arrived in Hillsboro Sunday night. Loved the drive and had no problems other than some freezing fog, a bit of snow and a little bit of ice.
  • 12/2019 Downsized the contents of the Oregon house, did some repairs and sold off a bunch of stuff.
  • 01/2020 Listed the house then put it under contract. We had a firm offer $20K over asking price in less than 2 days after we listed. After the buyer's inspection we had a few repairs left to do.
  • 02/2020 Finalized sale and closed on Oregon home, packed up, made offer on manufactured home in Apache Junction, drove to Arizona, closed on the AJ house, movers delivered household goods the next day and we are unpacking. Got a few small repairs and changes to make here but it's moving forward. Looks like I have more downsizing to do!
My workshop and the wife's glass studio are still in complete disarray but we make progress each and every day. Soon I'll be in a position to play with guns again!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top