JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello from snowy, cold Colorado (at least today)!

Joined this forum in hopes to discuss CCW and general laws like posted signs prohibiting firearms, but I will get into that in another forum. For now, a little introduction on me.

I am 42, live in Thornton and just went through the time and financial burden to get my CCPH in Adams County. It took longer than I had hoped, but it did eventually come. Very surprised the Sherrif didn't take one look at my mug shot and send me a denial letter in the mail! :D My mug shot looks very, um, well, smug! lol Anyhow, I had talked about getting my CCPH for many years but never got around to doing it. Finally got it done because I joined the safety team at my church. I have been buying handguns like they're going out of style because I am trying to find my perfect fit... I figure they hold their value for the most part and let's face it, you should have one in every room, right? I have 2 kids,5 and 17. My 17-year-old was taught and has been shooting since about 6 years old. Started with .22 rifle and now getting her into handguns so she isn't uncomfortable around them like I was at her age. My dad was a police officer in Denver and from a very young age, I was always scalded never to touch them because they were dangerous but never taught about them. It wasn't until I met my wife's father who is very pro-gun who introduced me to them and got me comfortable with them. My kids have been taught from a young age about guns and are allowed to shoot them when we go out, but have been stressed the importance of safety (A.C.T.T & P.R.O.V.E.) and what they are actually used for when not at a range. When we are not at a range, they are locked in a safe or strapped to my side (the guns, not the kids! o_O).

Anyhow, enough about me, how are you? I hope everyone has a grateful and fulfilling Thanks Giving!

John

VegasStripWelcome.png

Always a blessing to have another member, and especially one whom has a Carry license. It's pretty easy to get one in Nevada; I've just never done it. Abject laziness, I guess...

Welcome John. I'm glad that you made it to our forum. I'm in Arizona we can carry concealed here without a permit but I choose to have a ccw and keep mine up to date. I'm looking forward to your next post about no firearms signs.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you! Im from just south west of Divide Co. Where we have a small ranch, but currently in OryGun helping family out! A CCW in Teller county was about as simple as it got, did the paper work, paid a really small fee, sat in the office for about 1/2 hour waiting for the Sheriff to do a quick check and a interview, and walked out with a paper permit and the real one showed up two weeks later!

A CCW in Teller county was about as simple as it got, did the paper work, paid a really small fee, sat in the office for about 1/2-hour waiting for the Sheriff to do a quick check and an interview, and walked out with a paper permit and the real one showed-up two weeks later!
About like Washington State. Fill-out the form, mail-in your fifty bucks and the permit comes in the mail not too many days later. My brother lives in Washington. Here in Nevada we have to take an eight-hour course, pay the instructors who administer the course, pay for the permit and shoot a number of rounds at a target from combat range. I have no idea how soon after the completion of the course will come the actual permit to be carried in your billfold. I've thought once or twice about getting a permit; just never got around to going through the process.

Depending on County, OryGun is pretty easy, though some counties are easier then others! I am in Marion county, and its super easy, make an appointment, show up, do the check, pay your fee, and the permit gets mailed to you in less then two weeks! Total cost this last time was under $50 for the whole deal!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top