JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CA legislature just passed a heap of anti-gun bills. They are on the governor's desk, and I have little hope that he will veto. The Dem supermajority could override a veto anyway.

There are several real bad ones, including a new magazine law, "safety permit" for all guns (it was previously just handguns), increased waiting period to 15 days, banned lead ammo for hunting, and some laws that penalize gun owners for having their guns stolen.

But the big one, the one that will create millions of felons (since they are not going to spread the info on it until it is too late), destroy most of the gun shops in the state, and cause a mass exodus of predictive citizens, is the new Assault Weapon Ban (SB 374).

Long story short, this one covers anything that is semi-auto, centerfire, and accepts a magazine. ANY magazine. Even if the magazine must be removed with tools (as is the case with "bullet-button" equipped ARs and AKs). The language is vague enough to cover even fixed magazine rifles (such as the M1 Garand) that can have the magazine (or ammunition-feeding device) removed without completely disassembling the action. So no longer is it just ARs and other "scary rifles", it now covers pretty much all the semi-auto rifles out there. A very partial list of the guns covered, to give an idea of what stupidity this is:

Browning BAR

Mini 14

Remington 742 and 7400

Benelli R1

Ruger Camp Carbines

ANY magazine-fed semi-auto shotgun (saiga-12, M1919, etc)

ANY belt-fed semi-auto

M1 Carbine

In short, a ton of guns that have ZERO military history or even "scary" appearance (apart from being guns). The deadline for transferring/buying/selling such guns is December 31, 2013. All "Assault Weapons" must be registered before June 31, 2015. This includes fingerprinting, background check, and a fee for each gun.

The ONLY bright side of this is it might wake up the gun owners in CA who think that they won't be affected since they only own "hunting guns". But they likely won't even find out about it, or wouldn't have if CA didn't also pass a ban on lead ammo for hunting.

I can't even describe how much this sucks. Even ignoring the obvious issues for anyone who is a gun enthusiast, it'll also take a lot of gun stores out of business since semi-auto rifles make up a majority (or at least plurality) of sales around here.

Please remember this next time a questionable bill comes up in your state. Few people even know about this as it was going through, and those that did saw it as too ridiculous to pass. Now most people this bill will make felons likely won't find out about accept through word of mouth. Fight for your rights, while you still can.

There, rant over. Thank's for letting me get that out.

If any of you want to help for a bit of effort, just get the word out. Tell your friends to get the word out. It may be too late to stop, but people need to know what is happening so they can prepare to deal with it. Especially if you know any gun-owners in California.

Also, prepare for an influx of escaping gun owners.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/showthread.php?t=149287
We need to help our bother in California

fredball;963758 said:
[h=2]We need to help our bothers in California because if we don't our state is next[/h]this won't take you much time at all just do it and call it a day you'll feel wonderful
cgn.jpg

CONTACT GOVERNOR BROWN TODAY!!
This year the California Legislature passed the most restrictive collection of anti-gun laws in decades
DESIGNED TO END GUN OWNERSHIP IN CALIFORNIA!!
Our last chance to stop these laws before having to spend millions to fight them in court for years is for Governor Brown to veto them. Governor Brown needs to be reminded that he has millions of constituents that are law-abiding gun owners, sportsmen and Second Amendment supporters and that Californians do not support outrageous anti-gun and anti-hunting legislation, like those in New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Connecticut or worse.
If we do not stop these bills NOW our children will never know the fundamental rights of self defense, hunting, self reliance and private ownership of firearms nor the freedoms this Country was founded on.
Below are the anti-gun/anti-hunting bills you need to call, fax AND e-mail and urge Governor Brown to VETO.

Governor Brown can be reached at:
Phone: (916) 445-2841
Fax: (916) 558-3160
Email web form: Managed Dedicated Server Hosting & Managed VPS Hosting by LiquidWeb.calguns.net/governor

SB374 - Bans the future sale or transfer of and classifies ALL semi-automatic firearms with a detachable magazine or holding more than ten rounds of ammunition as "assault weapons." Continued legal possession requires that you REGISTER and pay a FEE (TAX) on ALL your semi-autos newly classified as "assault weapons."

AB711 - Makes California the first state to prohibit the use of all lead ammunition for hunting.

AB48 - Bans the sale of parts and repair kits capable of creating or converting a magazine to a capacity to hold greater than ten rounds.

AB169 - Limits the sale/transfer of all lawfully firearms that were never, or are no longer, on the California roster of approved handguns to two a year and redefines the technical provisions of single shot pistols.

AB231 - Expands the laws relating to firearms storage.

SB299 - Makes it a crime if a person does not report a lost/stolen firearm within 7 days.

SB475 - Would effectively ban the gun shows at the Cow Palace by requiring the approval of San Francisco and San Mateo Counties

AB180 - Repeals state firearms preemption by allowing the City of Oakland to enact gun ordinances that are more restrictive than state laws concerning the registration or licensing of firearms.

SB567 - Redefines shotguns to include any long gun with a rifled bore or a smooth bore, regardless of whether it is designed to be fired from the shoulder and bans the sale of shotguns with the revised definitions that have a revolving cylinder, and requires registration of these currently owned shotguns.

SB683 - Expands California's Handgun Safety Certificate requirement to apply to all firearms, and prohibits anyone from purchasing or transferring any firearm without a firearm safety certificate.

SB755 - Expands the list of persons prohibited from owning a firearm, including persons who have operated cars and boats while they are impaired commonly referred to as DUI.

Permission to use freely is given, to download a printable version go to http://www.calguns.net/vetoflyer.doc

You are receiving this because you are subscribed to http://www.calguns.nethttp://www.calguns.net/, California's premier 2A webforum, brought to you by GeoVario - the RKBA friendly host.

That was posted today.
Start slamming the Governors phones and email.

Thanks for the replies guys. Moonbeam has been getting slammed with emails and calls. There are a few more days before the veto window closes, so there's still some hope there.

He's an old liberal turd. My guess is he won't veto the bills but will allow them to become law. I expect to see a ton of California guns on Gunbroker, soon!! Hope, Hope, Hope!!!

Commiefornia is all I can say....
Moonbeam has been sticking it to gun owners for as long as he's been in office, do you really think he's gonna change? Residents don't get off their butt to do anything to help themselves. It's a shame that such s beautiful state reeks from the political bull s**t that's destroying it

Get out of there man. Come over to arizona. Let them destroy themselves. The minute arizona starts banning crap is the minute my bags will be packed. I won't put up with it. Every chance I get I write local politicians about my support for the 2a. And I commented on the atf site about bump stocks as well

Would be beyond wonderful if Kalifonia split itself into three States as I have seen on FOX News, tonight. The split would create four new conservative US Senators, but keep the House delegation the same as it is now. The northern and southern States would be conservative, while the State where Los Angeles is presently found would be as fetidly liberal as it is today. Guess which one would eventually decay into an absolutely decrepit state and if God is good, will crumble into a stinking garbage dump of several thousand square miles in area? Remember: God is always good...

I was born in east LA man, and my family is from the LA area.......

That's as much of a connection as I have now to the soon to be Arizona bay.
I have to posthumously thank my father for getting us out of there in 78' and planting roots in AZ!
My favorite memories are plinking out in the forest with him when I was a kid. Sadly that's
Something that many never had the opportunity to experience with their fathers, from a young age. Learning to handle all kinds of different firearms safely, and shooting them accurately was apart of many childhoods. Instilling in the next generation a feeling of respect and responsibility. This what I try to pass on to my son so he can pass it on to his. (Side note, he was holding his Nerf gun in the low ready and would never muzzle anyone while moving through the room at 4)
The sad state of California is in a bad way with all the sick twisted scandalous hell-y-wood creepers. If God flooded the earth before to wipe out the debotchery that was the world, there is plenty of that now just in the city of LA alone.

Instilling in the next generation a feeling of respect and responsibility.
Lord, how that is missing so much in these interesting times. My dad taught me such things with the back of his hand passing swiftly across my face-- on many occasions-- when I was a punk kid. It smarted then but I can see how valuable it really was, now that I am an adult.

Get out of there man. Come over to arizona. Let them destroy themselves. The minute arizona starts banning crap is the minute my bags will be packed. I won't put up with it. Every chance I get I write local politicians about my support for the 2a. And I commented on the atf site about bump stocks as well

I also commented on the atf's BS site
I wonder where besides AZ you will find gun freedom when you pack up?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top