JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to carrying not new to shooting. I currently carry a hellcat pro. would be great to hear from some of you regulars on the subject of carrying …do you prefer owb or iwb ?…what is your carry of choice? What holsters to you like?

I also have a hellcat, with a holoson circle dot sight, is my daily carry, owb for me, have a crossbreed holster that is form fitted for hellcat. They give excellent customer service, lost one of the adjustable screws, they sent me a whole pac of replacements no charge.

What you carry matters very little, carry what you are comfortable with. Caliber, capacity, brand, etc pale in comparison with *having the gun* when you need/want it.
I used to carry IWB, but now prefer OWB with a Yaqui slide leather holster.
It will be trial and error to find what you like. I suggest starting with strong side or behind your hip, IWB leather. This is highly concealable, and reasonably accessible.

I carry whatever I am in the mood to carry. I have factory made holsters (Fobus, Safariland, etc.), but I prefer the custom Kydex holster that I had made for one of my pistols. I will be contacting the guy to have some more made, as they are awesome.

20230412_153138.jpg

I carry everyday whether I'm home, out, in the house doesn't matter. Working on, building, everything. I blew up the new crossbreed reckoning holster in less than a year. They replaced it under warranty and I have cracked it again in just over a month. Don't know that I can recommend this particular design from crossbreed. I carry a Taurus GX4. I'm just beginning to think that kydex sucks!

I also occasionally carry my Springfield XDM 3.8 compact. I carry that one in a Galco King Tuck. That one lasted longer but I have two of those holsters and have had to replace the kydex under warranty twice each holster once. I holster and unholster my firearm several times every day.

Kydex directly against your body also sucks. I carry 3 o'clock. Obviously IWB everyday.

I have a fanny pack for my Taurus in .45 and laser sight and 2 extra clips.
I am a large guy over 300 pounds and I do not care what it looks like.
Only had one idiot person ask me what was in the pack and I told him he would not like my answer as I walked away. I feel no reason to dress a certain way or to completely conceal what I am carrying. For me the hall ways in the crowded stores generally completely thin out of humans leaving me to shop. Most Leos just head nod.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top