JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apparently I registered here months ago but only recently started reading regularly. I was moving some stuffs out the garage and I found my late Dad's old M1D Garand sniper. Needs assistance identifying if it's original or CMP refurbished, and how much it would sell in the marketplace. Thanks

-Richard

46F6B46D-70FC-468F-838F-1A6D652EEA34.jpeg 83F11201-36B9-49CA-AF20-7B0A697BD463.jpeg 0F25F871-6A12-4AF8-A649-22A710A6A6E4.jpeg

Is that a bolt-action Garand? I'm no expert, but was not the Garand already a pretty accurate rifle? Have you ever heard that the Germans came to WW II with a hunting rifle, the Americans came with a target rifle and the Russians came with a combat rifle?

Apparently I registered here months ago but only recently started reading regularly. I was moving some stuffs out the garage and I found my late Dad's old M1D Garand sniper. Needs assistance identifying if it's original or CMP refurbished, and how much it would sell in the marketplace. Thanks

-Richard

View attachment 16986 View attachment 16987 View attachment 16988
Unless you weren't close to your father or if you're not a "gun guy", (and if it were me) I'd never sell it.

There are a LOT of Garand aficionados at the sister site, www.northwestfirearms.com and If you post photos of the stamp on the top (at the rear) of the receiver (manufacturer, serial number) they will help guide you to digging further on what you have there.

Is that a bolt-action Garand? I'm no expert, but was not the Garand already a pretty accurate rifle? Have you ever heard that the Germans came to WW II with a hunting rifle, the Americans came with a target rifle and the Russians came with a combat rifle?

Garands we're never bolt-action in any way, shape, or form. The photo shows the bolt is locked open to the rear.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top