JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is Arizona a cesspool of liberalism these days? I left Tucson permanently in December 1978. Back then, I had no idea if I was a liberal or a conservative. I voted for George H. W. Bush in 1992, so I was a conservative by then. I'm ashamed to admit that I voted for Dukakis in 1988.

I just asked my phone if Dukakis is still alive. I saw in the articles that came up that Dukakis wants the Electoral College eliminated. If that should ever obtain, millions upon millions of Americans will have no voice in who sits in the Oval Orifice. Our elections would be decided by the counts in just Kalifonia and New York State. The counts in the other 48 States would be of zero consequence. My home State of Nevada has that very same problem: Clark County, where is Las Vegas, has pretty much a little more than half of the entire population of the State. That one County blows away the totals of the other sixteen. So we up here in the boonies get what they want down in Vegas-- whether we want it or not, and there is no mechanism to change the vote.

I'm sure the first government of the State (admitted 1864) never figgered there would be difficulties like this because the population of Las Vegas was 30 people in 1906. It was the legalization of gambling in 1931 that started this State on its growth trajectory.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top