JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sometime back I gifted my Coyote gun to a grandson. I thought it would be a quick trip to the LGS to replace it! But a Summer of Riots, Covid, and then an election that did not go our way made guns near me scarce, and any in 223 impossible to get!
So last month I found a like new Savage Axis in 223. I expected it to go for under $300 but paid $350. Guy kicked in a scope and a couple extra mags, so not too bad.
I did not have high expectations for a cheap rifle in a mushy plastic stock, but I was impressed after I shot it!

1619492314766.png
These are the last two groups I shot. Both 5 shot groups, using 55 gr Rem off the shelf ammo. they measure .073 and .080 [ just over and just under 3/4"!
I can't wait to get it into a laminated wood stock. That and a spring change in the trigger should have this one shooting much better!
I was surprised at what it would shoot with nothing more than just cleaning the barrel. DR

Sometime back I gifted my Coyote gun to a grandson. I thought it would be a quick trip to the LGS to replace it! But a Summer of Riots, Covid, and then an election that did not go our way made guns near me scarce, and any in 223 impossible to get!
So last month I found a like new Savage Axis in 223. I expected it to go for under $300 but paid $350. Guy kicked in a scope and a couple extra mags, so not too bad.
I did not have high expectations for a cheap rifle in a mushy plastic stock, but I was impressed after I shot it!

View attachment 15201
These are the last two groups I shot. Both 5 shot groups, using 55 gr Rem off the shelf ammo. they measure .073 and .080 [ just over and just under 3/4"!
I can't wait to get it into a laminated wood stock. That and a spring change in the trigger should have this one shooting much better!
I was surprised at what it would shoot with nothing more than just cleaning the barrel. DR
It's a Savage...that's why...😊

I live in town, so I just shoot the coyotes around my house with my slingshot. I cut my ammo from a carrot--later on the rabbits eat the evidence-- I like to shoot them while I yell, 'Bad Dog, you're a Bad Dog'

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top