JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the chaos in the world (and even more now with corona), Feeling like I need to upgrade my setup this month. Right now I cc Glock19, iwb with Kore 1.5" tactical belt (my favorite belt) Want to look at a new holster and the new kore 1.75" garrison belt. Holds more mags and gear. So I wanted some feedback on any new holsters folks have tried or would recommend that wil work with my glock and 1.75" belt?

If you want quality and don't mind paying for it look at High Noon holsters.
Galco also makes good holsters.
There are lots of other good holster makers out there but these are the ones I use most.

For leather holsters I really love the Milt Spark holsters especially the VMII line which is my exclusive holster for 1911's. Lately I've made the switch to a M&P in a Tier 1 Concealed holster (my first AIWB) Axis Elite. Its taken some time to get used to carrying in that position but its getting better lately.

Since my last post I've clearly had a lot of time on my hands at home to do my research and order my new setup- so I
went back to kore and picked up their new garrison belt. I measured it and it really is a full 1.75 inches wide as the company states. Same ratchet system as other belts which I am familiar with an really like.

Thanks for the recommendations on holsters- I went with the KINGTUK IWB and loaded up the belt- the Garrison could handle the holster and with the wider belt I can now carry more mags and a knife now. My wife thinks it's a bit crazy to see all this loaded up and doubts it can hold the weight but I showed her how to adjust the belt tighter to my waist for support.

First impressions having just tried it out for the day around the house and yard is that its a beast. next month if this damn lockdown is lifted after I test this thing out for any of you who are interested.

For leather holsters I really love the Milt Spark holsters especially the VMII line which is my exclusive holster for 1911's.

Milt Sparks makes some beautiful stuff. I had a shark skin belt from them that I loved, wore every day for 10 years, then somehow LOST. How do you lose the belt you wear every day?!

Since my last post I've clearly had a lot of time on my hands at home to do my research and order my new setup- so I
went back to kore and picked up their new garrison belt. I measured it and it really is a full 1.75 inches wide as the company states. Same ratchet system as other belts which I am familiar with an really like.

Thanks for the recommendations on holsters- I went with the KINGTUK IWB and loaded up the belt- the Garrison could handle the holster and with the wider belt I can now carry more mags and a knife now. My wife thinks it's a bit crazy to see all this loaded up and doubts it can hold the weight but I showed her how to adjust the belt tighter to my waist for support.

First impressions having just tried it out for the day around the house and yard is that its a beast. next month if this damn lockdown is lifted after I test this thing out for any of you who are interested.

That's a good looking belt. A couple years ago I had a good month so I sprang for a Ronin Task Force belt (primarily for classes and such). I still haven't worn the thing as I haven't found pants that will fit a 2" belt. I know there out there, I just need to look for some and place an order. Maybe I'll start a new thread :)

Another vote for High Noon. P-10C FDE in High Noon Stingray.jpg

Gents- been a bit but now that I've had the new kore garrison style belt for about little while or so I wanted to post a followup because sometimes intial quality goes away once you use it. So far I was able to sneak in a few range runs and in between have worn it for my owb carry. I've been tryin to go to the range more than usual with all thats going on...I dunno maybe i really have too much time on my hands. For the range its stiff and supportive enough to hold my glock and I can honestly say there is no real sign of wear so far. Thanks for the feedback on high noon holsters!!

needed a legit one since this belt Is a beast quite honestly. For edc I found it ony works for owb. Its waaay to wide and stiff for appendix and iwb (must the the 1.75 width.) none the less I wanted to update those who read my post because if we buy crap and don't share it ain't cool. This is not crap. This thing is legit.

Speaking of- Does anyone else have a favorite range belt ?

I also went with the Kore 1-3/4 inch belt for larger frame guns. I finally went with a thumb break holster and love the High Ride holsters by Galico in Phoenix AZ. Bought the Auto and revolver model.

D91ABC0A-218E-40CC-B0B5-45E06D8249BC.jpeg

If you want leather, consider Bob Mernickle. The guy is in Sparks, Nevada. He does a lot of Western stuff, but he does some modern holsters that are pretty good and the quality is excellent.

Finally got a new belt from Western Holsters, and a new Alien Gear Shapeshift Shoulder rig for my double stack 1911 with double mag carrier! Havn't received it yet, but looks to be a top quality rig, especially for the price!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top