JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all
Just moved to Sun City West from the Portland, OR area.
Glad to find this forum as I was a regular on Northwest Firearms forum.

Will be looking to learn where to shoot here. .. as I left my behind fav club: TriCounty gun range in Sherwood.

👍

You are going to absolutely love Arizona and the fine people who live there! It's one of the very few "freedom-loving" states we have left. And we need to do everything possible to keep it that way, forever if possible.

Unfortunately, we don't live there at the moment, but we're hoping to eventually move back once the opportunity presents itself.

There's always lots of interesting/fun (outdoor recreation) stuff to do and a lot of good folks to do it with.

Welcome from down south, Tucson.

If your out in Del Webbs SunCity, (yupper there is more than one SunCity in Arizona) Be careful with small pets outside at dawn, or dusk. Coyotes are everywhere. No sense in providing them domestic snacks.

Welcome from down south, Tucson.

If your out in Del Webbs SunCity, (yupper there is more than one SunCity in Arizona) Be careful with small pets outside at dawn, or dusk. Coyotes are everywhere. No sense in providing them domestic snacks.
Thanks for the welcomes.
yes, weve witnessed single & multiple coyotes walking down the middle of the neighborhood street looking for prey .. 😳

114 is unfathomable. The govt requires a permit, that requires you pass a class - that is not available. The perfect catch 22, and the govt knows it. The prop provides no plan, no funding, no premises or manpower to provide the required class.

As of 12/08/22, Oregon citizens can NOT purchase firearms. PERIOD.
Completely Unconstitutional. The lawmakers dont care. Its flat out tyranny.

Be careful AZ. Other states are emboldened by OR.

Last Edited:
Welcome Gunslinger
You are in for a real treat here in AZ. For a full service range, check out Ben Avery. Many of the tri county members regularly shoot matches at Ben Avery. It's world class. That said there are several places to shoot that are less organized or completely in the wild. Like fishing holes, some are well kept secrets to prevent trash from trashy people.

Enjoy the good gun stores all around the Phoenix area, Bruno's, Tombstone Tactical, The Hub, True Shot, etc

"Carry" on

Last Edited:
114 is unfathomable. The govt requires a permit, that requires you pass a class - that is not available. The perfect catch 22, and the govt knows it. The prop provides no plan, no funding, no premises or manpower to provide the required class.

As of 12/08/22, Oregon citizens can NOT purchase firearms. PERIOD.
Completely Unconstitutional. The lawmakers dont care. Its flat out tyranny.

Be careful AZ. Other states are emboldened by OR.
114 is 100% Unconstitutional, it will be put down quickly

Hello all
Just moved to Sun City West from the Portland, OR area.
Glad to find this forum as I was a regular on Northwest Firearms forum.

Will be looking to learn where to shoot here. .. as I left my behind fav club: TriCounty gun range in Sherwood.

👍
Welcome fellow webfoot, I escaped in June of 20. Had shot a few time at tri-county but mostly at Douglas Ridge Rifle Club. Still a SWFA member, check out Gunsite Academy…

Oregon Ballot Measure 114 is a poorly written measure that passed by a narrow margin. It has multiple parts so it is believed many voted thinking it was a magazine limit law. The worst part is it requires any person to fill out a permit to purchase and get approved even before a background check. It also makes the 3 day wait if a background check isn't completed illegal.

Well it is being litigated and quite well actually. A judge issued a legal hold based on the measure violating Oregon's constitution. By making it state, all the eager federal attorneys can go home.

Due to the examples of people being denied access by long wait times, there are some FFLs honoring the 3 day wait. That is what backers of the measure want approved right away. With examples of some back ground checks still not approved since 2020, it isn't going well for them.

Some background on OR114

.. .. .. I go where the work is.
Too bad you ain't a trucker. We can live anywhere. I live 20-some four-lane miles from my work. I'm home six nights a week. I do just one overnight per week; return the next day. All my runs are easy. The overnight is about 500 miles one way; the others are out and back in less than the fourteen-hour maximum under federal law. Of those fourteen hours, eleven max is driving. The other three are "boots on the ground," which are usually never entirely consumed.

Going to driver school in May 1993 was the best move I ever made. I held two degrees at the time but was doing nothing with them. I've been a driver for almost thirty years. It's a dam-ned sight easier now than it was when I began as a solo driver in January 1994.

If any man hereon has a son who doesn't know what he wants to do with his future, ask your boy to investigate trucking. Trucking school goes for about eight weeks, after which a hundred companies will recruit him. The need for new drivers is dire. Old hands like me are retiring soon. The equipment is better today, and the technology for communication is far better than it was when I started.

The pay is also very attractive, but I'll not go into that in this space...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top