JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to this site, but some of you who frequent other firearms boards - particularly those in AZ may know me. I'm a fervent 2A supporter and my wannabe web developer hobby led me to believe that there has to be a better way to buy/sell/trade firearm stuff for those of us in AZ. While the typical forum-based classified ad stuff is OK - it leaves much to be desired, in my opinion. To that end, over the last several months, I spent some time working on a 2A friendly site that would allow a better buy/tell/trade experience and recently went live with it at the end of last week after some testing. The site's here: https://www.AZSauctions.com

It's free. No "final value fee" or "listing fees". Feel free to sign up and use it. I'm eager to hear feedback and thoughts.

Hello jtb33, nice to meet your acquaintance. Have you considered a link takes us to the page, uses our current to this site log in information?
Thanks,
John
Link is above - but that latter idea is one that I will have to look into. I tried to avoid the typical federated logins (Google, Facebook, etc) as most who are in the gun community value the privacy aspect in online interactions - but this site isn't either one of those. Good suggestion.

I will not sign up to browse any site.
Yours did not require that which is good.
I do understand the need to login for posting or replying.
Hope it works well for ya.
Agreed that it would be ridiculous to require an account to simply browse a web site.

Don't require it, and won't ever require it.

Birthdate, address, phone number. The overwhelming majority (meaning pretty much 99.99%) of sites that I have signed up on do not need that information for any reason.
Thanks for the feedback. That was one area where I was on the fence - mostly to deter potential scammers. You've pushed me over. Give it a look now.

Those fields aren't asked for when registering, but are optional if a person chooses to be "verified" when selling - which is not required to sell, but optional to give potential buyers a bit more peace of mind.

That's better. One more suggestion - the file size for pictures is incredibly small (I couldn't reduce one of the pictures enough that the site would take it).

Last Edited:
There is no charge to use the site. Like I mentioned, that's for upsell items. Things you don't need to sell something, but are an option if you want. For example, if you want your ad to appear on the front page, or be highlighted among searches, etc. Those options are not default options and you can select them when you list something. It clearly states any cost associated with any "upsell" options right next to a checkbox for it.

Additionally, even if you had no credit on your account, you can still choose those items and "buy" them and any deficit, you'd just settle at the end of the month. I don't require credit cards info. If you use the upsell features, you have the choice to pay for them or not. If you don't pay for them after a month, you just won't be able to list new items.

Hope that makes sense. It isn't free to me to host and run the site - so I can't absorb the cumulative costs for things like people wanting to drop 20 super-high-resolution images into their ads and take up 200MB of storage for them, if that makes sense.

So bottom line: you can buy and sell anything on the site without any cost or charges - if you're selling things, just don't select options in listings that have charges associated with them if that's your goal.

Also contemplating adding oauth here for Google and Facebook so if you have an account on one of those, you can use those to log in rather than create an account on the site.

That's better. One more suggestion - the file size for pictures is incredibly small (I couldn't reduce one of the pictures enough that the site would take it).
It's actually not "incredibly small". Perhaps if your benchmark is using the raw 20 megapixel images you take with your camera, but no one needs a 4500x2000 resolution image of your items. If you look at the existing auctions, you can see that there are a lot of auctions with very good, highly detailed pictures that are under the 250K file size limit. For example: https://www.azsauctions.com/v2/listing/knights-armament-kac-sr-15-e3-legacy-mod-0-non-ambi-rifle/9

Even so, here's where we have to draw the line between what I can afford to pay on behalf of people getting to use the site resources for "free" versus limitations that need to be expected to use the site for free. There is no way I can justify allowing users to upload 10 of their 10MB, 20 megapixel images for each item they list for sale. That adds up VERY quickly and costs a lot for storage - especially when the site is not producing revenue.

I opted to allow upload of 4 pics at 250K for free. Of course, users can host their own pics and include them in their ads - as many as they want, and not be subject to any size limitations by AZSauctions.com.

A few other tips: some people just email pics to themselves, which auto-resize them on your phone or email client. You can also put them into a free site like this and specify the resolution and/or file size you want: https://imageresizer.com/

Vice News smears Armslist

Maybe this could be good for your site

I went there and signed up and it won't even let me see the classifieds. Worse yet there's a bunch of mumble jumble on how to get status to see them and it doesn't even tell you how? WTF is this bull chit? Seem like playing games to me.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top