JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WASHINGTON — One month ago, Tia Christiansen was in Las Vegas, scheduled to work at the Route 91 Harvest festival, but felt ill so she stayed in her room on the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay.

At a Capitol Hill news conference Wednesday, she recalled the horror that came next: the sound of rapid gunfire that rattled her sense of security and the fear of the unknown as the loud bursts shattered the silence.

Christiansen, 48, said she tried to make herself "as small as possible."

SWAT came into her room when the shooting stopped and evacuated her to the ground floor, where she joined other survivors of the Las Vegas Strip shooting.

"It was a mass group of people in shock," she said following the news conference.

Christiansen and other survivors of the worst mass shooting in U.S. history joined Nevada's congressional Democrats, who called for a hearing on gun legislation that they said would prevent future tragedies.

The news conference was held one month after the Oct. 1 shooting that killed 58 people and injured more than 546 others. Victims who lost their lives were remembered. Law enforcement, first responders and volunteers who gave aid and donated blood were commemorated.

Rep. Ruben Kihuen, D-Nev., and Rep. Jacky Rosen, D-Nev., sent a letter to House Judiciary Chairman Robert Goodlatte, R-Va., urging a hearing on several bills filed after the shooting to restrict or ban the use of "bump stocks" that were used in the deadly attack.

Nevada congressional Democrats call for 'bump stock' hearing

I guess if anyone showed them countless YouTube videos of bumpfiring semi auto's without any modifications they would be calling for the cutting off and banning of ones hands.

They are so ignorant it is maddening ! In my opinion , The shooter saved lives by using this "novelty " . A year or so ago i was going to buy a bump stock , luckily my buddy bought one and we went shooting . Yeah kinda fun to burn up some ammo real quick but you can't aim the gun while using it , just point it ! The guys guns kept jamming so he would grab another and let it rip . These people don't even know what they are trying to ban , evil people do evil things , just look at the clintons

No way were bump stocks used in Vegas, if you listen to the shooting one thing you don't hear is anyone stopping to reload--That indicates to reasonable folks that it is more likely that a belt fed weapon was used.

I think before Our Country can be flooded with millions of 'refugees'
the powers that be need to take away Our gun rights--I'm sure we'll
be seeing lots more false flag operations to ensure that happens

No way were bump stocks used in Vegas, if you listen to the shooting one thing you don't hear is anyone stopping to reload--That indicates to reasonable folks that it is more likely that a belt fed weapon was used.

I think before Our Country can be flooded with millions of 'refugees'
the powers that be need to take away Our gun rights--I'm sure we'll
be seeing lots more false flag operations to ensure that happens

yeah, right!

Demonrat politicians look for any and every single possible way to try and get firearms banned in this country, and will settle for taking small bites out of our rights when they can. I really wish these hypocritical idiots would leave their sheltered gated communities and go to where their core voters reside and simply walk the streets or ride the city buses. After getting assaulted, robbed or raped - the just might change their collective minds about destroying Constitutional Rights.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top