JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a gun builder and manufacture parts for hunting and long range shooters
I am thinking of building a high-end buttstock that will all aluminum or 90% completely adjustable
and also be able to be put on ar platform or just about any other chassis system most all of the ones that I can find and use today are cheep plastic but they are not so cheep any thoughts and input you guys have would be great also any of you guys that might like to be testers. pm me and i'll send you my info thank you

thank you sir for your input please give any and all thoughts if this is something your interested in how would you like to try one out free to you
I will be starting to make chips here soon
if there are any other parts or products that you would like to see please let us know you will begin to see our guns and products
coming soon we are a new manufacture for high end parts that the working guys can afford I don't know about you sir but I am tired of the same old stuff being shoved down my throat we are committed to making parts that are custom quality at an affordable price I don't mind spending good money for things as long as I get good quality and great service that sir is our goal and commitment

a few quick notes:

Most AR parts are plastic for one reason: keeping weight down. There's a secondary advantage to this for the AR market, nearly everyone agrees on the same dimensions for everything. The M4 TDP is floating around out there, so everyone knows the correct dimensions. This allows you to bring mass production (plastic injection molding) to bear on the problem.

The AR market is huge, however the supply is also huge. I really don't think there are a lot of companies out there making lots of high-dollar parts and selling them in quantity. Magpul, arguably the biggest manufacturer on the secondary market for AR accessories, makes most of it's money on only a few of their products, their high dollar parts are occasionally back-ordered until they get enough orders to make it worth while. Stock is the enmity of every retail business...

If you want a product that's for AR's that's "ready to go" build a scope mount that fits the Nikon P223-3x scope. No one makes a mono mount for it, (I've only found one that fits) and the nikon ring setup SUUUCKS. I think I had the scope for over a year before I found a good mount for it.

In general, I discourage people from the AR market, it's saturated, and prices are at all time lows. I actually bought an AR this year that I paid less for than my first AR that I bought used in the mid 1990s, and it's arguably a better quality gun. (CHF-CL barrel, MPI bolt/carrier, etc)

While I think the AR as a platform is here to stay, I think there's a lot of market space for guns that aren't AR's, but carry over the good features. Personally, I would totally buy a scar-16 if I could find one for <$2000. I would buy two if they were in the $1200 range. From what I've seen, the main competitors to the AR will never catch on at a price greater than $1500. The Tavor has it's fan boys, but it's largely expensive garbage, even IMI recognized this by launching the X-95.

The main problem with getting into AR-buttstocks: you're working around the tube. There is only so much you can do with it. If you want an idea that will have a smaller market, but a higher price? Make a MK20-SSR type stock for the SCAR-16/17. It will sell, everyone wants mk20 stuff, and it's simply not available.

I would think that an all aluminum buttstock would be hot enough to burn someone trying to get a good cheek weld on a typical Arizona summer day. I would not try one myself. I know, critical, but you asked for opinions.

Truth to that - if left in the sun, metal parts will heat up FAST. I had my Scorpion heat up very quickly in AZ summer heat so it was almost unusable until I could cool it off, and that was the plastic Thordsens Cheek Rest. Perhaps a foam piece over the top of your stock item, or at the least, a tiny bit of space for wrapped paracord - sell it as a "survival" mod as well.

great ideas guy and I appreciate your thoughts and concerns and most definitely a foam or rubber pad is in order as an ex sniper an having your head on a gun for hours I under stand what you guy mean and please guy I want you guys to be candid and honest in your reply's I am trying to get
thoughts for new products and ideas I am also thinking about ways for guys to build there dream gun online and we will make it to order I'm working to make these thing affordable yes I like everyone have to make a living but I don't need to make in one day thanks to everyone that have replied please pass this along and shoot long and shoot often

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top