JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And another .308

IMG_6932a.jpg

IMG_6933a.jpg

IMG_6935a.jpg

That is beautiful. I really need to add one of those to my safe.

It is beautiful, but my biggest complaint is that Springfield sends these out with the wood only partially finished. It still needs to be sanded and probably sealed. They do a half job on the stocks, and apparently that's the norm for them. For such a spendy rifle, you'd think they could do a better job on the finish. I'll end up finishing myself.

It is beautiful, but my biggest complaint is that Springfield sends these out with the wood only partially finished. It still needs to be sanded and probably sealed. They do a half job on the stocks, and apparently that's the norm for them. For such a spendy rifle, you'd think they could do a better job on the finish. I'll end up finishing myself.

Wow, that's really surprising :mad:

I was surprised, but numerous folks on NWFA confirmed that is how they're sent out. Still looks great, but the wood is rough and feels only partially finished, not the nice smooth finish you would expect.

Well after you get done it'll just be extra special. Something else to make it 'yours'.

I have a Armalite A10 A2. Which is the fixed handle model. Nothing fancy or flashy. I recently put an Armalite two stage trigger in it and like that better. I bought mine used and it had some problems, would not cycle the rounds all of the time. Got tired of using a dowl to remove a shell.
I contacted the seller, local shop here in Tucson. They were little help contacted Armalite via email. The response was interesting "send it back" here is the RMA and internal tracking information.
When it returned from its trip the owner of the store where I bought it had a conversation with me. I told him no worries as his people can not experts on every firearm in the store. Then he showed me what they did. New breach/barrel and new bolt. NO CHARGE. Pretty sure the previous owner had the same problem and just got frustrated and did not carry through. The Armalite AR10 was dream that I had for several decades. The planets aligned and I got this one. Now it works like it should. I am working on the optics and since I have two 5 shot mags, I may just use it for Elk in the fall.

I have a Armalite A10 A2. Which is the fixed handle model. Nothing fancy or flashy. I recently put an Armalite two stage trigger in it and like that better. I bought mine used and it had some problems, would not cycle the rounds all of the time. Got tired of using a dowl to remove a shell.
I contacted the seller, local shop here in Tucson. They were little help contacted Armalite via email. The response was interesting "send it back" here is the RMA and internal tracking information.
When it returned from its trip the owner of the store where I bought it had a conversation with me. I told him no worries as his people can not experts on every firearm in the store. Then he showed me what they did. New breach/barrel and new bolt. NO CHARGE. Pretty sure the previous owner had the same problem and just got frustrated and did not carry through. The Armalite AR10 was dream that I had for several decades. The planets aligned and I got this one. Now it works like it should. I am working on the optics and since I have two 5 shot mags, I may just use it for Elk in the fall.

It's great to hear you received good customer service from Armalite. I've yet to shoot an AR10 but I'm looking forward to doing so soon.

I was surprised, but numerous folks on NWFA confirmed that is how they're sent out. Still looks great, but the wood is rough and feels only partially finished, not the nice smooth finish you would expect.
When I got mine from Springer in@'84 or '85 I steel-wooled the stock and applied several coats of boiled linseed oil, using fine steel wool between coats. After applying several coats (can't remember how many, twas a long time ago) the stock had a sheen that was deep and beautiful. it still looked really nice when I sold the rifle a few months ago. It is possible that Springer figures that most guys will want to do their own stocks..

I'm a looker not an owner, but read considerably with ;
P308 Edge - POF-USA
definitely striking my fancy were I into that sort and could swallow the 2 grand tag., rail solid all the way to the back of the receiver, uses anyone's trigger group and machine gun tested just as a sample tease.
May make fun read for you though.

I've yet to jump into the 308 game simply due to the cost of the ammo, but the price drop of AR10's has certainly piqued my interest!

I'm putting together my LR308 for a friendly competition with a buddy of mine, the deal is we can only spend 1K on the rifle $200 on optics! We will first shoot 100 yard groups, who ever has the smallest group (if you go over budget, every $100 adds a 1/4" to your group size) set the shooting order on the 1K target (24" square gong) The fewest shot wins bragging right for the year. LOL nothing else.

Specs are: Areo Precision M5E upper with 20" barrel and 15" hand guards, LaRue MBT trigger, Tennessee Arms polymer lower with AP LPK, standard AR15 carbine receiver extension with Springco Orange spring and 308 carbine buffer. Right now it only has Magpul BUIS for function testing which it was hitting a 12x18 plate at 100 yards with no adjustments. Next up will be a 20 MOA scope mount and then a inexpensive Vortex scope to stay below the $200 limit. Right now into the rifle about $925

I would post a pic, but is seem the SWFA doesn't have a media tab in which to upload photos to so you can add them to your post.:(

Boy, you guys sure open a big can of whupazz! Lol
.308 rifles;
4 FN/FAL's two STG-58ish spec. One Super match, and one U.S.M.C trials replica!
2 M1-A one standard, one super match
1 PSG-1 U.S.Army trials clone
1 H-K G-3
1 CETME
1 Beretta BM-59
A few more projects on the back burner for now!
Wife has a Tikka T-3X .308 and is fast becoming her favorite all around, and she also took my Savage 10 FCP-SR and claimed it for her self!
Hey Brother, the deal with Springfield finish is all about Grip, the origional M-14 service rifle had this same finish, it's suposed to be like Teak, it maintains grip even when wet! Most of us don't like that on such a fine and expensive rifle, but that's normal for a fighting rifle, the Spanards figured this out in the 50's so you can claim them! Use fine steel wool and ether linseed oil or tongue oil! Do several coats and on the final coat, rub with flannel until you get the shine you like!

Boy, you guys sure open a big can of whupazz! Lol
.308 rifles;
4 FN/FAL's two STG-58ish spec. One Super match, and one U.S.M.C trials replica!
2 M1-A one standard, one super match
1 PSG-1 U.S.Army trials clone
1 H-K G-3
1 CETME
1 Beretta BM-59
A few more projects on the back burner for now!
Wife has a Tikka T-3X .308 and is fast becoming her favorite all around, and she also took my Savage 10 FCP-SR and claimed it for her self!

Nice collection! And here I don't even have one :s0112:

Big difference between the G3 and the CETME?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top