JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This pic is of a Savage 10 FCP, Choate stock, mine has a Nikon Monarch 4-16X42 Mil dot mounted. What is your choice for a 308?

161135_03_savage_10fcp_308_choate_stock_640.jpg

I wish I could afford 308!

Right now the cost keeps me from getting one, but I have always loved the FAL.
I never really found a bolt-gun in 308 I yearned for. Not enough come with iron sights, which are a must for me. I do like shooting an old 30-06 Mauser with receiver peep sight, and it uses the same bullets as 308 so it sorta counts:)

I wish I could afford 308!

Right now the cost keeps me from getting one, but I have always loved the FAL.
I never really found a bolt-gun in 308 I yearned for. Not enough come with iron sights, which are a must for me. I do like shooting an old 30-06 Mauser with receiver peep sight, and it uses the same bullets as 308 so it sorta counts:)

rugerscout01a.jpg
I have two 308s, the one above and the Gunsite Scout. I mounted a 2X7X32 Redfield on the scout in the rear position (non scout) and I love it. It is a fast, well balanced easy to handle rifle with a nice trigger. It comes standard with the traditional iron sights and a forward picatinny. If you use a scout scope with a quick mount you can easily switch to iron sights. They retail for around $800. One very nice feature is it comes with spacers for the stock so that us tall guys can adjust the length of pull.

http://www.ruger.com/products/gunsiteScoutRifle/models.html

Savage 110 FTW
I have 3 or 4 308s
if I was to buy one entry level rifle today today it would be a Savage promotional rifle (w/scope) for $349
I would not touch a Scout Rifle, nor would I buy a Stevens (don't ask)

How do I post a pic from my puter?

Man that's a sweet rifle. How's the accuracy? What's the longest distance you've shot it?

At this point in time, having sold my M1A and all accoutrements, my preferred ".308 platform" is the H&K 91 in 7.62X51, for which I have all the various pieces-parts which make it a "system" or "platform". I am more fond of my FAL tho it's a few bits short of being a "system".

At this point in time, having sold my M1A and all accoutrements, my preferred ".308 platform" is the H&K 91 in 7.62X51, for which I have all the various pieces-parts which make it a "system" or "platform". I am more fond of my FAL tho it's a few bits short of being a "system".

Have any pics?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top