JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The article did say the survey was not scientific, such as is one taken during an election year. I was polled twice in 2012. A scientific survey will have a bunch of questions that disallow "leading" the answerer to answer one way or another. The questions are written to not trigger a knee-jerk response or to not generate a non-committal response. There will always be a number of respondents who just will not have a definitive answer; there are polling methods to account for these. Given the US population of eligible voters, a good survey will seek responses from about 1200 registered Americans. With that in mind, your answers speak for a great many people. Let us assume there are 120,000,000 registered voters in America. Divide that number by 1200. Your answers to an election-year poll speak for 100,000 Americans. If you're ever polled, understand that your responses will speak for that many people. Make sure you always say you support the Second Amendment and Donald Trump. You can be sure both of those will be hot-button issues in 2020.

The article did say the survey was not scientific, such as is one taken during an election year. I was polled twice in 2012. A scientific survey will have a bunch of questions that disallow "leading" the answerer to answer one way or another. The questions are written to not trigger a knee-jerk response or to not generate a non-committal response. There will always be a number of respondents who just will not have a definitive answer; there are polling methods to account for these. Given the US population of eligible voters, a good survey will seek responses from about 1200 registered Americans. With that in mind, your answers speak for a great many people. Let us assume there are 120,000,000 registered voters in America. Divide that number by 1200. Your answers to an election-year poll speak for 100,000 Americans. If you're ever polled, understand that your responses will speak for that many people. Make sure you always say you support the Second Amendment and Donald Trump. You can be sure both of those will be hot-button issues in 2020.
I've never been polled in 45+ years of being a registered voter. That being said, I always question any poll as the wording can change the respondents answer. I was surprised at the amount of pro gun responses that were received even if the results were skewed. I guess MSNBC was as well.

I've never been polled in 45+ years of being a registered voter. That being said, I always question any poll as the wording can change the respondents answer.
Well, there are over 100 million voters in the United States. Getting that one phone call is a modern-day miracle. I have no idea why I was called twice, but I served Liberty with my responses. I meant to write last night that a scientific survey in the US requires close to 1200 respondents; that's why I chose the number 1200. Seems like a very small number in a nation of so many people, but the pollster calls in certain demographic areas at certain times of the day to target the best cross-section of people from which the results are generated. I failed Stats in college (signed the Final and walked out) but I've looked, asked, read and learned a bit as to how these things are done-- because I wanted to know how many are polled in a nation of over 300 million people to get data that can be said to say "where the American People stand on this question." I was surprised the number is only the 1200 respondents it is for our nation's diverse population.....

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top